World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have recently moved from Northern Ireland to South East Kent and can't wait to start fishing. Was abit worried about the fishing untill i started reading all my back issuses of Sea Angler and Total Sea Fishing. I hope it is as good as the fishing back home..... but i'll have to wait and see. Any recommendations would be great.......Cheers.

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Welcome along.

Spend a couple of days reading through this website and you will find just as much information here than you do in them magazines. This place has really helped me out and given me some useful tips.

15,082 Posts
Living in Kent you have access to one of,if not the best angling places in the UK....The Thames Estuary.Look through some of our reports to see what is avaliable 12 months of the year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
hi steve,just wondered,wherabouts have you moved to? that way someone on here may live local to u and be able to guide you to a local hotspot

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
welcome mate, boat or shore?
steve

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Welcome on board Steve, fishing Ireland or Kent, eeerrr
Ireland please.
If your a boat man Steve you'll be OK, if your a shore man then very hit and miss but ok if you like small fish. knowhere near as good as your home mate.

Wally Woll

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replys lads,
Im living just outside of Maidstone......as close to the sea the wife would let me, but i dont mind travelling so its o.k. Boat or shore...shore or boat....im actually 50/50 i have my own fishing boat back home which i love and the shore fishing in Ireland is very good. Theres a more sense of achievment when you catch a good fish from the shore, in my eyes anyway.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Welcome to area mate plenty of good fishing and banter on this site, see you live just outside Maidstone according to other forum, I think you will get more sense out of this lot, sorry ment help:giveup::giveup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry bout that, i think theres somthing wrong with my replys i typed in replys way earlier and they hav'ent came up yet....said it had to be viewed by the admin. Thats when i seen quick reply....anyway........Im living just outside Maidstone a wee bit further out than i planned but i dont mind travelling so its ok. I hav to say im 50/50 on the boat and shore thing, i have a boat back home which i really miss already and the shore fishing is fantastic 100 yards from my home in Ireland i had seatrout, mullet, bass,flounder, dab,wrasse all on my door-step. So i cant wait to start fishing here to see wats about....Thanks for the reply lads....

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hi all,
I have recently moved from Northern Ireland to South East Kent and can't wait to start fishing. Was abit worried about the fishing untill i started reading all my back issuses of Sea Angler and Total Sea Fishing. I hope it is as good as the fishing back home..... but i'll have to wait and see. Any recommendations would be great.......Cheers.
Hi and welcome to the mad world of wsf,,,,,,,,,,,,and wellcome from a fellow irishman ,,,,,,,,,,,,i have family in colraine.........port stewart and port rush be some beutiful places ,not fished it seriouly but will one day

G

·
hi stevie, welcome to the forum. is there a specifiic fish you would like to catch at the moment? if there is stick it on here and we should be able to give you good info on where and how to catch them.

will93

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Welcome Stevie. As Ron mentioned, get yourself out on a boat from essex. Awesome fishing. :sun:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dont know what happened last night my posts would'nt come up on the screen.......... Anyway.. Unfortuinatly i already have fished the Addy.......around midday....... could'nt belive the amount of people fishing, i actually thought there was some sort of match on untill i got onto the pier an quickly relised i was totally wrong:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:, I actually seen a man using half a rod which was as thick as a brush shaft. Culture shock!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts