World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, Im new to this type of fishing and have yet to catch a bass but I see there are a few caught by people on here, just thought I would say hi and any tips would be great.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Firstly, welcome to the asylum, and secondly, have a look at the stickies at the top of the page,, some good info there,, Marc..

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
Try the classic Abu toby spinner for mackerel and there's hundreds of lures for bass like the dexter wedge for example and surface poppers

For pollack there's the redgill or a sidewinder eel ... etc

It all depends what you want to catch and where you want to fish from(shore or boat) and ther's thousands more i could mention but lure fishing isn't really my expertise,im sure there's loads of "bass-heads" on here that will help you out.

Hope this helps a bit.

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
Oh sorry, you just wanted to know bout bass lures. I get carried away sometimes lol

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,899 Posts
Hiya, Im new to this type of fishing and have yet to catch a bass but I see there are a few caught by people on here, just thought I would say hi and any tips would be great.
Must haves for Plugging are,,,,,,,,,

Feed Shallow
ChugBug (silver+orange)
Patchinko
Toby 28g silver
Storm Jointed Thunderstick

These hard plastics will get you going and when the addiction hits you as it will,you can try things like the soft plastics etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, so there are a few then, i will pop into a fishing shop and have a look at some x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only a few places, i suppose i need to keep going till i catch one, now that the summer is here (well maybe) I read the thread that chesil beach seems to be good. Good excuse to top up on the tan as well! I see your local Plugs, maybe a lesson or two could be better?? x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts