World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( i am moving back to wales early next month after five years of living in cornwall (wifes idea not mine ) will be moving to tongwynlais (again her idea) i wanted to know what baits 4 venues, availability of rag,sandeel etc. i only started fishing after i moved to cornwall and bait is plentiful and haven't fished welsh waters or frequented welsh tackle shops so have no idea. moving is bad enough but the thought of lonely days and nights with no fish and inferior bait/info makes it worse. HELP ME PLEASE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
gareth judging by the size of your best catch its the best move you can make any beach in south west wales as plenty of lug and thats all you need this time of year when things are firering right theres a clue in there for you

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
best catch is not always the biggest.it was caught with my boys 6ft cheap kit, 5lb line and took an hour to land.never had a fight like it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome Gareth, 5lb 2oz Wrasse is a cracker mate i've been trying for a few years and still havent broke the 4lb mark :)

Baits depend on what species you fancy this time of year lug will catch you lots of schoolies (under the 5lb 2oz mark ;) ) on the open beaches this time of year,closer to Bridgend such as Ogmore, Witches and Monknash sandeel will catch you Rays, Dogs etc, then on the more rougher marks such as Rhoose, Stout and Aberthaw crab will catch you Smoothies, Codling etc further up again near Newport places such as Magor, Farm fields and Goldcliffe, maddies and kingrag may throw up a few bonus Sole.

This is just a rough guide mate other baits will catch at the above venues its just getting there and giving it ago. There are a few tackle shops up near you but not to sharp on where they are being from Swansea i'm sure a few of the people on the site will help you out.

Spencer :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
calm down calm down, its only a commercial. hee hee? a few of us live about 4 miles from tongwynlais so give us a shout when you get here, we are here to help. whatever the probs. but we do blank a lot mmmmmmmmmm? so ive been told m8y?

·
Registered
24 Posts
ton is a cracking little village - the lewis arms is a great pub serving great food

welsh fish - phil - ive not come across them either m8

if living in ton ur perfectly placed for tackle shops - if fishing west, pop into bobs in llantrisant, if going east pop into gary evans newport shop. easy. both 2 mins drive off the m4. the worlds your oyster!

cheers, gus (north cardiff also)

G

·
In Newport you also have Pill Angling Center! Plug Plug, I have to say that as I am in the process of doing an on-line ordering commerce site for them

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
used to live in pontypridd,used to work in caerphilly spent 9 years working on the pontygwindy ind. estate. do dave and linda still run the lewis arms in the ton or has it changed again? my sister-in-law works the bar in the old ton.date for moving is august 6th so i expect i'll see some of you out there then, cheers for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts