World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im a newbie here :)
after seeing a load of large mullet in the dockside area and seeing a fishing program on the other day i fancy having a go a catching some in the river medway. i have read that sun pier can produce some great results and also by the civic centre in strood , hoping to go in the next few days , i have a match fishing rod that i have caught a carp on and hope that this rod will be up to the job of landing these hard fighting fella's.
just wondered if any one who hs fished for the mullet in these areas could pass on any hints and tips of catching these elusive fish.
thank you
p.s . great forum with loads of good threads:)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks leon :)
will have a read through and hope to learn a bit :)
if i can make it to the ship and trade on thursday i will come along . depends on the mrs.
if you are going i will be able to recognise one person !!! from the pics on asite i read through last night.
thanks again

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Hi Steve
Wwelcome to the site, I'm hoping to be able to chase the mullet this year on the Blackwater in Essex, will be trying flyfishing and I have been told a killer bait is moggots., so will be giving thema try.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for the quick response on this , hopefully ( fingers crossed ) will report back and say i have caught my first mullet in the next few days !
but after reading that they can be hard to catch im not going to push my luck !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.