World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be a good idea?
It will give us newbies a chance to ask question and expect some form of reasonable reply from the more experienced. there is a thread on here by a guy asking for advice with no replies after a month.
not good really. I need loads of advice still but there must be people looking at this Site, wanting to join but maybe too nervous.
could save some grief for new boat owners.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Might be a good idea?
It will give us newbies a chance to ask question and expect some form of reasonable reply from the more experienced. there is a thread on here by a guy asking for advice with no replies after a month.
not good really. I need loads of advice still but there must be people looking at this Site, wanting to join but maybe too nervous.
could save some grief for new boat owners.
I'm not sure it would be a success as established members may tend to flick through the threads looking for anything interesting to contribute to, ignoring the "sticky" thread which as you say would be for newbies. Potentially, new member could speak with new member and perhaps some members will take the time to contribute to the sticky thread, although I do feel that seperate posts in the mainframe by new members are more personal and will encourage "newbies" to soon gain confidence.

Just my view. Not meant to discredit the idea.

Regards

Harry

G

·
Just post it on here Ian. You will get all the help you need. I agree though that sub forum for newbies may be a good idea.

G

·
I think the thread he meant was posted on the 1st August. Even so it is unusual for a thread to go 2-3 days without an answer.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
If newbies ask for marks or recommendations, replies are more likelys to be PMs. Also if newbies don't know how to/bother to search the threads and ask repeat questions they also might be ignored. I guess it is us Mod's job to make sure newbies are responded to, to make them welcome at least.

15,082 Posts
I think the problem is sometimes people get bored with answering the same questions.
The Favourite one is 'Im thinking of buying my first boat'.It gets difficult to know where to start with that one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think the problem is sometimes people get bored with answering the same questions.
The Favourite one is 'Im thinking of buying my first boat'.It gets difficult to know where to start with that one.
I asked that very question a week or so ago and was really impressed by the answers that I got, I still haven't bought one yet but you really shouldn't be suprised at that question popping up.

As this is a boat forum attached to world sea fishing with lots of shore anglers poor bast*** not catching anything off the rocks this year, they may all be thinking if you want to catch fish buy a boat!

I am sure you will see a few more yet!

Thanks anyway for taking the time I know I found each and every response valid.

Pete

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think the thread he meant was posted on the 1st August. Even so it is unusual for a thread to go 2-3 days without an answer.
The reason i think that particular thread did not get answered Cascars is that the person was asking for info for the next day and it was posted at 9.30pm, it looks purely as though it was not given enough time to even generate an answer.

From what i have seen so far the responses on these forums are very good, but sometimes circumstances like the one above make that very hard.

Mark

15,082 Posts
I asked that very question a week or so ago and was really impressed by the answers that I got, I still haven't bought one yet but you really shouldn't be suprised at that question popping up.

As this is a boat forum attached to world sea fishing with lots of shore anglers poor bast*** not catching anything off the rocks this year, they may all be thinking if you want to catch fish buy a boat!

I am sure you will see a few more yet!

Thanks anyway for taking the time I know I found each and every response valid.

Pete
When asking the question it ws also be of help to say something like 'I have xxx pounds to spend,want to trailor it/keep in marina etc,want it to be no more than xxx ft long.Then we could really help!
I know you infact did,most dont give a clue!

·
Registered
181 Posts
When asking the question it ws also be of help to say something like 'I have xxx pounds to spend,want to trailor it/keep in marina etc,want it to be no more than xxx ft long.Then we could really help!
I know you infact did,most dont give a clue!
Your right, I did, and those who don't supply the basics need to be more specific otherwise how can they expect assistance.

Decided on a Warrior either 165 or 150. No more umming and arring that is it.

Thanks again chaps,

Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts