World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I'm quite new to the sport, i've been out a few times with some work mates as we have a meet once a month to get out on the breakwater if possible, or the admiralty and folkestone pier (rip off that was! £4?)!

I've got all the stuff, floatation suit, conoflex rod, abu 6500, tackle etc etc (all the gear, no idea!), but my question is:-

Would someone be willing for me to tag along with them at some point, learn a few new tricks and for me to try and few different spots? I am very inexperienced when it comes to fishing but do love it when that tip knocks!

Being new i'd probably get loads wrong and would be full of questions!

I do drive so that's not a problem, oh and being a railwayman, i also get quite a lot of time off during the week, although the first sprog is due in 6 weeks!

Anyone? :blink:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Like the title says, I'm quite new to the sport, i've been out a few times with some work mates as we have a meet once a month to get out on the breakwater if possible, or the admiralty and folkestone pier (rip off that was! £4?)!

I've got all the stuff, floatation suit, conoflex rod, abu 6500, tackle etc etc (all the gear, no idea!), but my question is:-

Would someone be willing for me to tag along with them at some point, learn a few new tricks and for me to try and few different spots? I am very inexperienced when it comes to fishing but do love it when that tip knocks!

Being new i'd probably get loads wrong and would be full of questions!

I do drive so that's not a problem, oh and being a railwayman, i also get quite a lot of time off during the week, although the first sprog is due in 6 weeks!

Anyone? :blink:
northern monkey its a pitty your not a bit nearer worthing as they run a pretty good apprentiship scheme down this way!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Highwayman, but Worthing is a bit too out of the way for me as you said in your post.

By the way people, don't let the username put you off! I live in Faversham, just get called a northern monkey because i was born up there!

G

·
When the sprog arrives you'll be mr popular if you keep poppin' off fishing! Not! Pick your sessions carefully - I actually didn't dare fish until my kids were 2 years plus!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Hi mate and welcome to the site.
Look out for some of the meets that are posted in the meets section of the South East forum. Kent could probably do with some more help on the 15th April against the superior Essex team. Don't worry about the match tag, meeting everybody is the prime objective of the day, the second is a bit of fishing and way down the list after a lot of banter is the match and the results. No pressure on that but come along meet the guys they will all have time for you and help you as much as they can.
Look around the site there is a wealth of information on it.
Also, post all your questions, no matter how stupid they seem, there are probably a lot of guys on this site that don't know some of the simple things because they were afraid to ask! someone will always give you a sensible answer, mind you someone will also give you a daft answer, that's what is great about it here.
And I will repeat come along to the meets, they are always good fun and you will learn a lot.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
lol! That's the reason i've taken it up!
Good on you mate, everyone needs a break when a new baby comes along INCLUDING the dad!

There are regular meets on the SE Forum and im sure people will not mind you tagging along and having a fish with them. Whereabouts in Kent are you living mate?

Whop.

G

·
he's at faversham whop!!!:doh:

as issy say's go on one of the meets.i do a fair bit of fishing on the breakwater and on the boats down there too.i live at sittingbourne and will start to fish a bit more in a few weeks time so you can join me and my mates if you like....dave.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
he's at faversham whop!!!:doh:

as issy say's go on one of the meets.i do a fair bit of fishing on the breakwater and on the boats down there too.i live at sittingbourne and will start to fish a bit more in a few weeks time so you can join me and my mates if you like....dave.

There you go northernmonkey, theres one offer! Where does it say he live sin faversham dave? Cant find it?:) :blink:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bloody hell, i didn't expect so many responses so quickly! I'll defo keep an eye on the meets section, if you lads don't mind me popping over! As for the superior essex team, that's different to what i've been readin in the forums! lol!

Dave, that'll be great, if you do manage to get out sometime, let me know when and i'll see what's happening work wise and try to get out with you!

And for the baby, she'll be pendulom casting before she's walking ( once i learn how too!)

Cheers guys! Neil

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
bloody hell, i didn't expect so many responses so quickly! I'll defo keep an eye on the meets section, if you lads don't mind me popping over! As for the superior essex team, that's different to what i've been readin in the forums! lol!

Dave, that'll be great, if you do manage to get out sometime, let me know when and i'll see what's happening work wise and try to get out with you!

And for the baby, she'll be pendulom casting before she's walking ( once i learn how too!)

Cheers guys! Neil
We did beat Kent you know and anymore remarks against Essex and we will send you out fishing with Ashley, that'l light your fire :)

G

·
Thanks for the info Highwayman, but Worthing is a bit too out of the way for me as you said in your post.

By the way people, don't let the username put you off! I live in Faversham, just get called a northern monkey because i was born up there!

in this one whopper!!!:kissing:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol! Guess i'll be keeping my mouth shut then! I'm sure i'll find out who ashley is soon enough (not sure i want too though!)

Seriously, thanks for the warm welcome guys, been keeping my eye on the forums for a few weeks now, getting confused, although at least now i can ask the questions and people already know i'm stupid ha ha!

·
Registered
8,187 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Northernmonkey, at the Essex Kent meet i fished next to Dave Oldman and he isn't a bad fisherman also reading gibberfish posts he knows a lot about dungie. These are probally two of the most experinced fishermen on this forum from kent.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Northern Monkey Your not a distant relation to a bloke goes by the name of northerngit can often be seen running round the kent coast clad in rubber?????????????????????????????????????/:g: :g: :g: :g: :g: :g: :g: :g:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi northernmonkey, I live up the road in Whitstable, so if you fancy joining me one evening (I often go after my two kids are in bed, say around 9 in the eve on a weekday or earlier on a sat), you're welcome. Only trouble is, I'm a bit of a newbie too, still learning, so you won't glean as much info from me as you will the aforementioned stalwarts, but nevertheless it should be fun. I often go over to Reculver; Minnis Bay or even Deal & Dover 'Addy'. PM me if you are up for it.

And good luck, let us know how you get on anyway.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@ Sandspike, i've gotta say i've never heard of him mate, sorry!

@ Gibberfish, it sounds like a plan mate! Be good to get out and hear two experienced fishermen bounce ideas off each other! Either way the trip down to dunggie sounds good.

@ Goosie, Cheers for the offer mate, being so close it could well be happening too!

Expect PM's soon!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts