World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I was fishing Cold Knap today and a very pleasant fellow angler, called Keith, suggested I join WSF.
He told me that I would learn a lot.
Looking forward to that.

CGW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I should say that the 'very helpful ' angler at Cold Knap showed me rigs and rods/ reels etc. Even gave me a pennell pulley rig so I can make my own. What a gent! Top class.
I turned up with my 20 yr old Abu Garcia 10ft 'beach-caster and snapped the tip off it straight away. Lucky my shakepeare 13' 9'' new rod (rubbish) was there or I was going home.
I had tied about 8 flapper type rigs using 1/0 hooks and was generally struggling. It's great to talk (socially distancing of course) to someone who knows what they're doing. I am certainly using gear that's to0 light. 60 lb shock leader and 20lb main line but silly little tiny hooks! oh well.
Advice please.
Having looked at my current set-up....it's a caravan / holiday 'potching' about system. I need another, better rod and can't decide whether it's multiplier or fixed spool. Hmmm
So far my leaning is... Penn surfblaster 2 with 50 lb braid on one spool and 18-20 lb mono on the other spool. Rod ...I'm not sure. AFAW 6 plus bait always sounds good but a bit expensive for my pocket / budget. I've currently just bought a sonix 39.99 fixed spool reel (I'm thinking that was unwise)and a abu garcia 6501c4 (and that seems ok).

Budget for new rod and reel... £250

Any ...any advice will be welcome.
Cheers
CGW
Clive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts