World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:idea: Dear Forumists....

Newbie to the forums, been fishing for only a short while, even started Fly fishing.....

Anyway, when i shore fish i usually head over to Millport, however, is there any other areas or locations that are good around the ayrshire coast??? :help:

Cheers lads

·
Registered
495 Posts
fIREfLY - firstly a big welcome to the forum. Where are you from. Im in Saltcoats and to be frank - Im sure the bulk of the forum will agree - Ayrshire shore fishing is poor. You are approaching the best few months - the summer. With the early good spell of weather hopefully the summer species will arrive a wee bit ahead of schedual. By going to millport you probably aint to far off. Cant think of many other better spots TBH. Reasonable fishing is fairly localised to specific locations. I - personal opinion - prefer to travel. For the next few months the south west, solway, mull of galloway will attract my attention. Winter months Im afraid I head east.

Good luck

·
Registered
876 Posts
hi there welcome to the mad house!!! there are good venues allover ayrshire south ayrshire youve got newton shore when its blowing ballast bank on a shiney day, dunure is allways worth a chuck,few rock marks the other sideof girvan ballantrae beach etc,north ayrshire stevenson beach ,ardrossan harbour,largs shingle beach also the gogo burn in largs hope this helps if you need any more info feel free to pm me and i like the rest of the guys on here will be happy to help!:fishing1: :fishing: :fish: :wave:

·
Registered
876 Posts
fIREfLY - firstly a big welcome to the forum. Where are you from. Im in Saltcoats and to be frank - Im sure the bulk of the forum will agree - Ayrshire shore fishing is poor. You are approaching the best few months - the summer. With the early good spell of weather hopefully the summer species will arrive a wee bit ahead of schedual. By going to millport you probably aint to far off. Cant think of many other better spots TBH. Reasonable fishing is fairly localised to specific locations. I - personal opinion - prefer to travel. For the next few months the south west, solway, mull of galloway will attract my attention. Winter months Im afraid I head east.

Good luck
nowt wrong wi good old ayrshire!!! you just need someone like me to show you a few good spots:fishing: :bleh: :thumbs:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome to the forum firefly,I would travel down towards the Mull of Galloway area as i find surrounding area is quite productive too.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
roastin the day 21degrees ,nae fish but its warum lol
aye but seein am goin down the m.o.g on sunday for four days hols its tae rain,after bein at work in all this good weather to .fair scunnered i am,:sad:
still beats working though:thumbs:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers all....

Millport it is.....apparently you get good Bass there....none for me so far tho!!!

Cool, im heading down to the Solway in two weeks (mates wedding, but sssshhhhhhh, im taking my gear!!, dont tell the missus!) and im heading down to stranraer in june, hopefully maybe a wee charter of the On Yer Marks!

I also have just acquire a batch of sandeels.....how the hell do you bait with these wee buggers???? Rig of two trebles, or just a muckel big un thro its body, maybe some elastic round it??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts