World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Newbie-Help needed(portland)

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  pincher 
#1 ·
Hi all,been living on portland for about 6 years now.The first thing i was going to do was go beach fishing.Bought the gear as a mate was going to show me what the ropes are,as i have not got much of an idea with sea fishing(last time i fished it was about 20 years ago with boilies for carp).But aint heard from him since.Since i have been looking at these forums there seems to be loads of people who live near me,

and hear comes the crunch question.

If there is anybody local who wouldnt mind me tagging along,to show me the ropes,it would be much appreciated.

I dont mind paying for bait in exchange for info

pincherdm@aol.com

#3 ·
Hi Pincher,

Welcome to the Forum,

As much as we all like our fishing Forum we all or should I say most of us have other things to do on a Saturday morning.

Yes, those of us who work through the week might be out fishing. I am out tomorrow morning leaving home at 0445 hrs to be at Portsmouth for 0645, returning home around 2030hrs. A good reason for not being on the Forum tomorow until late at night.

I wasn't on the Forum last night because I was at a show up town. There are a million to one reasons for not being on the Forum.

Be patient "Rome wasn't built in a day" (Although, I wasn't the foreman)

Keep looking you will have an answer soon enough.

Cheers

Drew

#6 ·
Hi Pincher,

Forgiven!!!

I thought I was seeing things, here one minute gone the next, I couldn't believe it.
However it did give me a good laugh. Please don't do it again. At my age I tend to worry when things like that happen. I hate having to go to the doctors!!!

Cheers

Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.