World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello..
New kayak angler here. (Not new to kayaks though)

I picked up a well looked after wilderness Tarpon 120 a few weeks ago which is perfect for me so far.

I've not had any light spinning gear before so I got a daiwa 9ft telescopic rod and a 3000 size reel, loaded it with 9lb braid (next step up a available on the day was over 40lb,lock down issues apparently)

I got a selection of different lures from a friend and had no success as yet..

I've no idea what sort of speed I should be reeling in at,or what lure to use in what conditions so it's all trial and error.

I live near the water in Harwich,Essex, so will keep plugging away till I get my first catch.

I'll be out again tomorrow and then will be trying my luck with worms next weekend if the weather allows..

If anyone else is fishing from kayaks in this area then give me a shout
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hello..
New kayak angler here. (Not new to kayaks though)

I picked up a well looked after wilderness Tarpon 120 a few weeks ago which is perfect for me so far.

I've not had any light spinning gear before so I got a daiwa 9ft telescopic rod and a 3000 size reel, loaded it with 9lb braid (next step up a available on the day was over 40lb,lock down issues apparently)

I got a selection of different lures from a friend and had no success as yet..

I've no idea what sort of speed I should be reeling in at,or what lure to use in what conditions so it's all trial and error.

I live near the water in Harwich,Essex, so will keep plugging away till I get my first catch.

I'll be out again tomorrow and then will be trying my luck with worms next weekend if the weather allows..

If anyone else is fishing from kayaks in this area then give me a shout
Cheers.
I’m from Maldon on the blackwater so not a million miles away. Never fished Harwich on the yak but beach isn’t too bad. Not sure about lure fishing still trying myself but fish or squid baits should get you a ray or two. If I’m over that way I will give you a shout

1 - 2 of 2 Posts