World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am spinning at the shores of mediterrenean sea. i use spinning rods and spinning machines. My lures are rapala in generally use x-rap 105.
I can throw away the lures about 50meters/150feet from the land than trolling. but i couldn t catch a fish.
are there a way spinning from the shore with rapala and catch a fish :sad:
are there any idea to changing spinning method from shore at seaside :hypocrite

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My home close the sea (i watch the sea from my window and i can reach the shore in couple of minutes by walk), and i want to go to shore some time and i do spinning.
i also use raglou silicon lures are about size of 6,5mm and 8,5.
and i learned that some of fishers catch bluefish with green wooden lures and bass with silicon lures and Rapala from the shore
live bait is not my type so I especially to learn about artificials

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi Mercury, try covering as much water as possible, a few chucks and then move. Casting along the beach (not just straight out) can produce fish. Vary your retrieve rate untill you find what the fish like and take a selection of lures and change them often. Fish at different depths and dawn and dusk tend to be the most productive times.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dont know where abouts you are on the mediterrenean sea but i dont know if the x raps are the most appropriate bait...have watched blokes fishing for the mullet with the flour and water mix and been doing OK on the med.... I also had a couple of casts of a rod off of a fellow angler a few years ago on the med and caught a blue and yellow fish on raw meat fished on the float, dont know what it was. I use x raps only when nothing else works and if i think there is fish there but this is in trout and salmom rivers....Ask in the tackle shops and spend a day at the local good spots watching the anglers...Thats what i do when i fish a salmon river or anywhere i dont know...Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts