World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators:
Please note that I have also posted this in two other areas.

Shore Fishing & South Coast

I wanted this message to get out to the right people and as there were no guideline to where to post an initial introduction message, I tried to reach ot to as many of the people who I wanted to contact. Please excuse my ignorance and I will assure you that this is not a regular thing, just a one off posting to attract the attention of those who i wish to introduce myself to.

Hi there everyone.

I'm Paul Martin and I live in Portsmouth on the South Coast of the the UK (for all the worldwide readers of this forum).

I'm 33 and have only really started sea fishing last year. It started off when I was walking in Portsmouth with a girlfriend and I noticed a guy regularly catching bass from a pier there. I sat and talked to him for a while and a few weeks later, I was fishing myself. Having previously been fresh water fishing, I knew many of the basics, but I wasn't fully aware as to how much different sea fishing is from freshwater.

I'm on this forum to hopefully make a few friends and possibly some new fishing buddies too?

My best fish to date is a 7lb 9oz bass caught from Victoria Pier in Portsmouth. I'm a fairly basic angler and would welcome the help and knowledge of more experienced anglers, so please excuse any lame or dim sounding posts, I truly am new to this but very keen to learn.

I work shifts at an Air Traffic Control Building near to Swanwick in Southampton and my girlfriend lives in Bournemouth, so I'm regularly driving along the South Coast area. My shifts mean that I work 4 day shifts, get 4 days off, work 4 night shifts and then get another 4 days off, this means that I get a fair bit of free time to go fishing.

Ideally, I'd like to meet up with a few guys who can possibly help me learn a whole lot more about the art of fishing and how to cast with a multiplier reel too.

I would also like to explore the possiblities of boat fishing too, but I also have to say that I'm a bit of a fair weather angler and haven't experienced a night fish, although I would be if others were to accompany me, I'd be a bit worried for my safety if i was to fish alone at night.

Sorry for the long post but I felt it was the best was to introduce myself.

I'm hoping I've posted this in the right forum discussion areas as I couldn't see one that is dedicated to new people's posts.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

With regards and tight lines,

Paul

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Paul.
When you are looking at any post or Forum, at the top of the page there is a blue banner with different links.
Click on chat,,,usually later in the evening,,,and there,s usually a few people shooting the breeze about anything and everything.
You need to have Java to be able to get in.....any probs with that,one of the moderators, a young up and coming lad called Marcus will help.He loves setting up links to Java.
Word of warning ...when you enter the chat room,make sure you bring your
sense of humour and a tolerance of all things Welsh.
You`ll see what I mean when you get there !
All the best Bud.
Terry F. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts