World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I have lurked around the forum for a while and realise what a helpful place this is. Last year I had several trips out with plugs and lures to St Margarets Bay / seabrook / Shakespeare beach in the hope of catching bass or a mackerel or at least something - I blanked every time ! this year I have mainly been coarse fishing but would dearly like to try spinning the sea again - hopefully with more success !

Could anybody suggest venues between ramsgate and Folkestone.where I have a reasonable chance of a catch on the lure ?

All help gratefully received and a pint or two to anybody who can help me land my first fish on light spinning gear!

Thanks all - Steve

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry mate cant help on location.

The one thing that got my first catch was simple movement. Yeah you can try different marks but on this day when i thought i was in for another blank i must have moved about 7 meters and i was in! Simples!

Lee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try Folkestone Pier (walk down old railway platform), went there alot when I was younger, loads of mackerel about. Just standard feathers did the trick. I always fished off the wall looking back towards the beach as lost a fair bit of stuff round the other side. Caught a Cod on Christmas Eve a 3 years ago!

Good luck!

T

·
0 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the places you mentioned, just need to stick with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts