World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Ive recently bought a small -very- dayboat and moored it at brightlingsea.
its just a Mayland 14' with a 4hp engine.
ive never boat fished before so i really need some advice eg - is there much fishing on the colne near brightlingsea- any advice on rigs bait etc.
as i said it is only a small boat so i would have to stay within the colne boundaries really
any advice would be greatly appreciated
cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Hi
Ive recently bought a small -very- dayboat and moored it at brightlingsea.
its just a Mayland 14' with a 4hp engine.
ive never boat fished before so i really need some advice eg - is there much fishing on the colne near brightlingsea- any advice on rigs bait etc.
as i said it is only a small boat so i would have to stay within the colne boundaries really
any advice would be greatly appreciated
cheers
Nigel
There's plenty of shallow bars to fish over at low tide for Bass. The deep channel off Mersea Island will fish well sometimes (but stay out of the way of boat traffic). As you learn your way around you could fish near the bar for Bass - but be especially careful on big tides and rough weather as the bar can get nasty. Try Pyefleet Channel for some good Eel fishing and fish on the edge of the deep channel out from Batemans Tower for some excellent Whiting fishing in the season (Oct - Jan).

That should get you started.:)

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the Forums Russkie from a fellow boat angler. Mine is based at Newhaven on the South Coast.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
many thanks for that- I'll give it a go- just got to buy some cheap sea fishing gear now
When you get your gear sorted out let me know - I live in the town so could perhaps meet you at some time with a chart and give you some more exact marks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks Blackdog- Ill definitely take you up on that offer - you might be able to give me advice on anchors etc too. there'll be a couple of pints of what you like in a a local establishment
cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
306 Posts
hello i fish at brightlingsea but i fish the shore i no someone that fish just of the in the mouth of the colne a he catches bass at this time of year very nice one to
but try up the creek leading up to wivenhoe thats good as well

there was a 13lb bass hooked of of bradwell last week so there put the :clap2:

when you meet up with that bloke with the black dog for a drink if you go to the yahatsmans arms take a loan with you a very nice pub but very pricey

also bait shop in brightlingsea is very cheap for gear so please try :secret:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Richard
thanks for that- is the bait shop the one that is near the harbourmasters office inside the blue hangar? or is there another one?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Richard
thanks for that- is the bait shop the one that is near the harbourmasters office inside the blue hangar? or is there another one?

just go throught the warfe gates and on the left is brightlingsea boat park it is in there very fat worms 2.80 for a pack of lug and you get very big worms try it :clap3:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts