World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Absolute beginner to sea angling and need to purchase some gear for an upcoming trip to Norway. I also want to be able to use the rods and reels for cat fishing on the Ebro. They also need to be travel rods.

Can anyone recommend a good combination?

The rods that I have short listed so far are :

Daiwa Megaforce Travel Pilk, 200-400g, Travel rod
or
Diawa Sealine X'Treme Travel Boat
or
Diawa Sealine X'Treme Travel Pilk

The reels that i have looked are the Shimano Toruim 16 and 20

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks alot.

S

·
Premium Member
17,666 Posts
Why do they have to be travel rods ? It's only around £70 to take a rod tube with good quality rods, not that I'm saying the ones you've listed are not but to be honest I don't know much about them. I would be very sceptic whether the rods you have listed could handle anything decent but it's just my opinion. Iv taken travel rods to Norway but I was only shore fishing & was never going to get anything to big

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi mikey, thanks for the info. the cost of the rod tube is not the issue. i have a vw camper and will be travelling around alot kayaking and fishing and space is a premium and i can securely store rods that are less than 800 mm. I can not find a fault with the travel rods that I have for fresh water from savage gear xnlt range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.