World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have just recently taken up fishing and I am looking for any hints, tips etc that may help me.

As I have been on holiday for the past few weeks I have fished in Elie, PortPatrick and Greenock. I had no luck in either Elie or PortPatrick but in Greenock I caught my first 2 fish on the same line. I used the 3 hook mackerel lure and caught a mackerel and a pollock. I am a catch and release type do it for the fun and not the kill.

There is nothing like the catching your first fish. Now if you pardon the pun I am hooked :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the first catch.

You were unlucky at Elie as it is usually coalie city off the lighthouse rocks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Depends where you go in Elie. As Squid Ink says off the lighthouse there's usually tons of coalies but I find the rest of it can be hit and miss. I've had much better sport at both Anstruther and Crail harbours and am planning to check out the rocks around Pittenweem and St Monans sometime soon.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Depends where you go in Elie. As Squid Ink says off the lighthouse there's usually tons of coalies but I find the rest of it can be hit and miss. I've had much better sport at both Anstruther and Crail harbours and am planning to check out the rocks around Pittenweem and St Monans sometime soon.
So much coast to explore!

I plan on expanding my knowledge of the East Neuk sometime soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts