World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks,

Jumanji and myself are planning a day at either newburgh or balmedie beach on thursday, pretty much a flattie bash but we will be on the hunt for bass too, more out of speculation than there actually being bass there so dexters and poppers will be the order of the day along with the beachcaster and 2/3 hook flapper, and you never know a turbo may even turn up.

if anyone fancies it give us a shout your more than welcome we'll be fishing from around 9am till 3pm.

scott

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
goto newburgh bit of a walk but worth it fish the estuary with grips sea without estuary is fast flowing,really fast.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
use to be good with dustbin lid size flounders but never see any posts now

·
Registered
76 Posts
Newburgh sounds good ive heard its a bit better to fish than balmedie and i supose we could also did a few rag if anyone would like to enlighten us where to dig them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
newburgh it is then, don't worry about the dig, I'm an expert in archeology.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Resident pack of 50+ seals at the Ythan estuary these days.

Tried it once about 3 weeks back, but the weed was more trouble than the fishing was worth, so packed up after 90 minutes or so.

It was my first blank of the entire season. :cry:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm not sounding so good now, possible rethink,

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well... with these Southerly breezes looking like they are here all week, the conditions should be ideal for bass in the surf.

FYI - I did catch a very wee schoolie bass in the surf at Cruden Bay a few weeks back. So, the odd one is about.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Fishing at the south side of the estuary mouth (easier access) should show up some turbot, flounders and possible bass, as vespaman says the current in the mouth of estuary itself is very strong and from my own experience not too productive and IMHO better and easier fishing can be had from the beach itself and not so many seals which tend to stick to the estuary mouth.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'd be game for that.....so long as there wasn't as much climbing involved as last weeks expedition, although i am getting a bit board of the rocks, never fished them to the north though.

vespaman PM'd me a wee mark he reckons is good and there's a fair bit of rock/cliff nearby if the beach is crap, we could try a few hours of each.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds good theres a not bad rock mark at cruden bay ive been to and is good for the mackeral.

Got my new rods through in time aswell they came the day.

·
Registered
475 Posts
FYI - fishing at CB has been diabolical lately! The odd flounder caught at night and the very odd mackeral. And that's it.

Met a fella the other week who comes to CB every year. In 4 day's fishing all he managed was a single podlie! And last year he caught a freezer full of flounder.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A FREEZER FULL.........no wander there's nowt there lol. i usually try to fill 2 freezers

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah - fits with my experience - Crudie has been just the pits over the last couple of months - I usually fish from the harbour or over to the norrth of the harbour from the rocks. Last year was good, this year grim really.

Have not fished the beach on the incoming tide though - someone mentioned it had a possibility of Turbot and Plaice.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
only ever saw micro turbos on the beach if that helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Owell we didnt end up going to any of the places we mentioned in the post as we drove past it and thought we would just head to kirkton beach. Where we met millser, nice to meet you mate.

Anyway we got a few flounder and one mackie at PH SBW.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Owell we didnt end up going to any of the places we mentioned in the post as we drove past it and thought we would just head to kirkton beach. Where we met millser, nice to meet you mate.

Anyway we got a few flounder and one mackie at PH SBW.
Good to meet yourself and bigscottie and put a couple more names to faces pity you didn't get any turbot though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts