World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

just seen it in my tackle shop yesterday for the first time...

just wondering if anyone has it, it is the newer version of the SHV...

anyone got it???:g: :blink:

what do you think of it??:g: :blink:

would be good if they put the gear box facing slightly forward like the penns as it would be easier for anglers with smaller hands using reel up....

looking forward to your thoughts,

tight lines,

steffyenck.:)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It's on this American site:

http://www.digitaldagger.com/reels/daiwa/daiwa.html

If Daiwa got their finger out and got their website sorted we might be able to take a look - it must have been down for 3 months, like it was last year. It doesn't take much to get a website together or keep it updated.

Why do so many tackle manufacturers find it so difficult? All it takes is a bit of forward thinking/planning. It's also not that expensive (I know).

A manufacturers website is the first place I look for info, and if the info is not there then I won't buy, unless it's something really special.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do you mean the 20SHA with the larger handle? I have not tried the 20 but have had a go with the 30. Casting wise it is identical to the older model. The handle tends to unbalance it slightly but boy does it give you some winching power. Long term this may be a slight disadvantage as there is potential to overload the drive train. Still if the price is right and you get two years hard rock fishing out of a reel then it has not done too bad...........

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

If Daiwa got their finger out and got their website sorted we might be able to take a look - it must have been down for 3 months, like it was last year. It doesn't take much to get a website together or keep it updated.

Why do so many tackle manufacturers find it so difficult? All it takes is a bit of forward thinking/planning. It's also not that expensive (I know).

A manufacturers website is the first place I look for info, and if the info is not there then I won't buy, unless it's something really special.
agree there m8 - thats where i first look too.....

cheers for the link.......

going for te same price as the original sl20 at £70 in my local tackleshop......

already have the original - was just thinking of one of these as a backup???

tight lines,

steffyenck.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
i have the SHV and have to say it really is an amazing bit of kit!!!! it is built like a shlthouse and looks great!!

i really rate them over the 525...

Jamie

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the SHV and have to say it really is an amazing bit of kit!!!! it is built like a shlthouse and looks great!!

i really rate them over the 525...

Jamie
agree m8 - i have the original sl20 and is built like a brickhouse!!! lol

have had no problems at all with it and had it for about 1 and a half year already......

tight lines,

steffyenck.

·
Registered
706 Posts

This annoys me aswell. Long gone are the days when a website was just a fashionable optional extra for a manufacturer of consumer products - they are an essential marketing tool now. There is no excuse for the site being down for 3 months - ultimately it means somebody is not doing their job properly...

It is the same story with the Svendsen Sports website, right at a time when they have just launched the Okuma Magnetix reel in this country, which will possibly be their most successful product ever! Sort it out guys!!!:g:

On the new Daiwa SHA, I have heard that they may be discontinuing the SHV in preference for this, which if true would be a turn up for the books - they did initially discontinue the slosh for the shv, but brought it back by popular demand! I am not sure if this is true though, as the details on the Daiwa USA website indicate that this is intended as a boat fishing reel for jigging and trolling (which explains the non-counterbalanced handle) - they don't even mention the fact that it has centrifugal brakes!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The gearing is different between the shv and sha isn't it?
neal
The Skink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts