World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the east arm yesterday just for a change you know.
arrived at the arm about 1.00 armed with lug and mackie and a plan to catch a bass.
started catching pout right away and then found the water was lower that my bucket would reach so had to wait a little while.
eventually i get some water and set up my bass rod with a single pat with a size 2 hook as the out were not large ones.
baited up the rod and dropped it close to the edge and decided to have a coffee.
i have only just started to drink when i get a shout of"hey mate is that your rod"from one of the other anglers.
i go over to the rod only the fish on the end has gone under the pier.
i tighten up the line so the fish can only swim one way and that is the same way it went in.
after 10 mins the fish starts to move but only a little and with every turn of the reel i can feel the line grating against the pier.
another 5 mins pass before the fish starts to move again and this time it comes all the way out.
it is at this point i remember i havnt got my drop net and even if i did i would be too far away from it.
so i ask one of the other lads to hold my rod and walk back very slowly while i hand line the bass up.
i have 60lb shock leader on so im in with a chance of landind the fish but also remember the line has been under alot of strain and rubbing on concrete.
i get the fish high enough up to get a hole of its mouth and thie bass is landed:clap2::clap2:
im one happy chappy with a bass that wieghs exactly 5lb

SDC10874.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice catch mate, and nice work to land it. Wish mine had hooked properly at Seaford last night instead of ripping my squid bait in half!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice one Tony, wish I could have been there so that I could have landed it for you - would have made a change from you landing mine!

The mackerel turned up briefly about an hour after high. I stayed until 9 but had no takes.

Just got in - landed two bass from Peaceaven; one sizeable, one well under.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice catch! did you see the plonkers in the blue tent? because that was me and my friend. We must have left the arm just before you arrived as we were getting nothing and decided to hit the hay until dark >< bad choice really lol

Caught 3 pout between 11 and midnight but woke early to find the mackerel were in. I caught two for me and my mate and we left to eat them for breakfast :D

Well done on the fish mate, where abouts were you casting your bass rod?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just dropped near the ladder on the end facing west

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
hi ... FANTASTIC RESULT...really well done...
with the best months to come..im sure theres more for you yet.. big congrats..andy

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Nice one, well done on your Bass.

·
Registered
318 Posts
TOP CATCH TOP CAT! Wanted to be there today but have to work so I'm a bit envious. Bet your still buzzin'. Well done. Col.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Fantastic report and brilliant skills on landing the fella without a dropnet and teasing him back out from his hidy whole. Must have taken a bit of patience and I can imagine your adrenallin was up?

Well done. I was thinking about fishing today, but opted to see the Proclaimers play live in my local park. Cant beat a bit of Sunshine on Leaf.

Looking forwards to getting a line wet next weekend though!

Cheers Top Cat
Richard

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Well done. I was thinking about fishing today, but opted to see the Proclaimers play live in my local park. Cant beat a bit of Sunshine on Leaf.

Richard
Richard

you will not catch any fish in the park.

Well we are walking one hundred miles (probably more than that) to Selsey in a mo to have a blanking session.

Andy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fantastic report and brilliant skills on landing the fella without a dropnet and teasing him back out from his hidy whole. Must have taken a bit of patience and I can imagine your adrenallin was up?

Looking forwards to getting a line wet next weekend though!

Cheers Top Cat
Richard
hi carter

dont say your croydonian aswell as a proclaimers fan! :nonono:

Phil

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
hi carter

dont say your croydonian aswell as a proclaimers fan! :nonono:

Phil
LOL, I am guilty of both counts! The proclaimers were superb today. I wish my phone hadn't run out of battery or else I would be able to put up a decent picture. Still may have a good one to go on tomorrow if a mate can forward and the mods dont bloc it - its not exactly fishing is it!

I've not been fishing today, but I've had a lay in, lots of beer, proclaimers, curry tangtastic day. And it was almost like fishing because I have spent most of it stood in the rain!:laugh:

Tight lines, cant wait to get down to the coast this coming weekend.
Richard

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Richard

you will not catch any fish in the park.

Well we are walking one hundred miles (probably more than that) to Selsey in a mo to have a blanking session.

Andy
Hi Andy,

:roll1: To be the man that walked 5 00 miles, to fall down with no fish at aaaa lllllll.

I hope you've had a good one at Selsey and am looking forwards to a few weekend reports coming in.

Last weekend I put up my blank report and watched 10 hound reports come in from selsey - gutted I didnt make the trip as it would have involved less driving no doubt.

Good tides next weekend, so as mentioned above, I need to put a plan in place for what I'm up to. (will involve fishing at some point somewhere though! :wiggle:)

I'm back in Croydon a bit more permanently from Bristol now, so have more weekends available for fishing :thumbs: which is awsome.

Cheers for your post
Richard

1 - 20 of 23 Posts