World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not been able to post for what seems ages now, bad weather and personal circumstances have meant a distinct lack of fishing.
But that all changed today, no or very little wind forcast, we were getting out!
On the way out I asked John the skipper of Sea Leopard "How's the fishing been?"
His reply totally knocked the wind out of my sails, "Well it was excellent up until this latest set of big tides, I was out yesterday and all we had was Mackerel."
My god hope today is better.
John steamed for an hour and a half and we were at our first wreck, over went the shads and sidewinders, fish on the first drop, a reasonable Pollack for John.
Second drift another few fish, including a Cod for John again.

John with the Cod and Pollack.

Several drifts on this wreck produced the odd fish, and John the skipper was happy, commenting how much better than the day before it was.

Terry with a Cod

Chris with a Pollack.

We then moved south west a bit to another wreck, and the fish showed a bit more frequently, now quite a few Red Gurnard showing as well, but also the odd Pout.

Me with a nice Cod.

Sue with a Cod

Grant with a nice Cod

And finally John(Bully) with what I think are two flying fish.

The day ended with the seven on board, Gary, Terry, Dave, Chris, John, Sue, and Grant all catching fish. In total we had thirty eight fish.
A great time was had by all, with the normal banter.
Thanks John for putting us on the fish again and Sue and Grant for making the numbers up.

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Great photos Gary - look like decent size fish too. We have not had many pollack recently so glad to know they are there. Our last trip didn't get a report it was so bad! Then the following day another group did really well! Odd!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a great report. Did you weigh some of the fish? Some great cod.
Hi,
did not weigh any, but best Cod estimated 16lb and best Pollack 12lb biggest Gurnard 1 1/2 lb
Gary

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great photos Gary - look like decent size fish too. We have not had many pollack recently so glad to know they are there. Our last trip didn't get a report it was so bad! Then the following day another group did really well! Odd!
John mentioned it changes daily, he was really fed up due to the day before, but came up trumps for us.
We were surprised to see the Pollack as it's a bit late.
Gary

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Great report matey, some lovely pictures and great fish.
We had some real crappy weather to deal with the day before! Fish wern't on the feed but we went home with a few fish. Not as good as your day, but thats fishing!
:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts