World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how Newhaven is fishing at the moment from both the marina and the beach? I am thinking of goign down one night this week, feathering for Mackerel and then using these as bait for the bass. I only ask becuase I will ahve to buy bait if there are none getting caught and would like to also find out whether frozen Mackerel from bait shops is any good. I have used supermarket mackerel before to no effect and recently asked how fresh their fish was only to be told it is 6 days old before it hits the shelves. Pretty grim, eh? Don't want to turn up, catch no bait and then not be able to fish. If there are mackerel there, what is the best state of tide to catch them. I reckon I will need about six so not too many.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You Will Only Need 1 Mackerel Of 10 Inches If Your Bass Fishing. Keep It Alive And Slide It Down The Line. Keep It Close To The Wall Or Freeline It. But Dont Forget To Keep An Eye On Your Rod At All Times. Always Strike On The 3rd Bite And Not The First Run. Im Sure If You Follow This A Nice Bass Will Pop Up Instead Of Just Catching Crabs Or Small Tiddilers

Tight Lines And Goood Luck

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
A week ago had 14 mackeral in 7 hours!! Small shoals and suddenly gone! Very thin! I'd take frozen bait or order worm! Tackle dealer said pollack and sole being caught. Friend had nice bass but claimed after dark best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts