World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't reported anything for a long time so thought this was a good time to let everyone know that I'm still fishing and with great success over the last couple of months. This time the destination was Newhaven Pier which I hadn't fished on for a good year, bracing strong 20mph winds I arrived with some fresh lug. First Chucked it out on a 1 hook long trace and watched the line after finally setting, with the strong wind it was hard to tell whether I was gonna get any bites and I doubted I'd see a bite at all. After a good 10 mins reeled in feeling Heavy nice flounder plops up on the pier sadly deep hooked but returned alive eventually. My 2nd flounder of the year. Decided to pack up after a short period couldn't handle the cold wind any longer and I could see that Seaford had some sort of match on with the beach filled. Tight lines

p.s East Sussex Casters will hope to be reporting again soon on our next session, if you haven't heard of us check us out on YouTube. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks of the report Bradley. Which way did you take to get to the pier, is the railway bridge finished ?

Mo..................

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello mate no the bridge wasn't finished but I climbed round the fences to get back, looks like it should be finished soon. Cheers

Reactions: Maurice Laker

·
Registered
633 Posts
Me and a friend were there last week Friday. Managed half a dozen plaice with the odd flounder. Used rag and lug. Even tried a bit if lure spinning. Another guy caught a couple of whiting. A slow day but not a blank. It was a day where the winds were lower (10mph).
Looking forward to warmer weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts