World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set out at 4.30 on Yellowfin but with four late drop-outs there were only 6 of us - myself, Panto, Ray, Norm, Sam and Pete. The wind had been gradually dropping as the day went on and it meant that the sea was still bit bumpy but not to bad.

Hit our first mark and tried a few drifts but only produced mackeral - lots of them. Then we moved to a different wreck and anchored up. Not a great deal was happening apart from the usual strings of mackeral. I tried one of the methods suggested to avoid the pout - having the bait about 6 feet above the weight - and it was working. Except all I was catching was horse mackeral.

Not much to report overall as the only fish we caught were mackeral, pout, horse mackeral and right at the death, one decent bream of about 2 pounds.

Hopefully there will be more to report when I'm out all day on Monday.

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
hi.....no ones replied..!!!

seems like it was hard work out there mate...why..?
remembering your results from last summer..seems a world of difference..
quite where the fish are is anyones guess...i went out today with chris m...no decent fish only superman maccy...

sounds like you need a trip out trolling....do you know of a boat that does..?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Very slow this year for whatever reason, even some of the Dover Charter skippers have been struggling lately. Rob
The summer started quite well i thought, did pretty well with the early bass & hounds. Aint been out for a couple of weeks, I was going to head your way from ramsgate this weekend have a look for a few plaice on the ridge.

Might not bother if the charters are struggling, dont know the area that well anyway.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
The summer started quite well i thought, did pretty well with the early bass & hounds. Aint been out for a couple of weeks, I was going to head your way from ramsgate this weekend have a look for a few plaice on the ridge.

Might not bother if the charters are struggling, dont know the area that well anyway.
Theres a few Plaice around on the Banks, esp the Bullock Bank so well worth a trip and its gotta get better sooner or later surely? Rob

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Some nice Bass about though....

Alan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts