World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the delay in posting this report but I've had a week off work and have no internet access at home.

7 of us , myself, Tomster, Cliffy, Pete, Panto, Trevor and James (Trevors boy), set out at 7.30 on Yellowfin with Kurt in fairly calm conditions considering the forecast. We steamed out to a mark about 12 miles out where we topped and did about a dozen drifts. The very first drop and Panto caught a nice pollack of about 8lb. Then the cod started to show with everyone bar Tomster managing at least one nice cod. Nothing serious was caught, they ranged from about 4lb up to about 9lb.

About lunchtime we steamed off to another mark in the hope of getting some nice bream. We anchored up and on the very first drop I caught a beautiful bright red Gurnard. I've never seen one so red but couldn't get my camera to work before it had to go back (it was just under the limit or I would have had that for my supper as they tast so sweet). This mark wasn't all that productive. A couple more Gurnard, Doggies, Mackeral and Horse Mackeral.

Just as we were about to set off home the rods started nodding and it was the typical bream bites. But unfortunately, none of us could land any before we had to up anchor.

The forecast for the day was up to a force 5 and rain, but we didn't see any of that until we'd settled down for a well deserved cold beer. Then it started absolutely lashing down. Perfect timing !

Attachments

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
hi..better late than never....brill report and top photos...your certainly are getting there now..

that gallery wall of your must be nearly full up by now...
best ask chris if you can tag along on his boat..as i hear he is looking for a new crewman who is of sound mind and with a steady hand...his last crewman/deckboy was to cack handed with the net..cost him a billy i think...

nice one bronsie..i enjoy reading your catch reports..however late they may be..when are you posting last christmas trip up..?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts