World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Equipped with lug and rag worms fished first half a day in Newhaven East Arm targeted for Plaice and Flounder but no a single flat fish was caught. Instead of that hundreds of Mackerels turned up 2 hours before high tide up to 3 hours after. Managed to catch 6 Mackerels in total but wasn't focused on them too much as my main target was any flat fish as i mentioned before. Some of other anglers did catch around 20 or more. Finished fishing at 6 pm and went for a dinner and 2 hours nap.

DSC_1560.JPG DSC_1561.JPG

Started second session from Seaford beach after 9 pm. Set up my 2 Penn rods, 1st rod on 2 hook flapper on rag worms, 2nd rod on also 2 hook flapper with lug worms. No fish was interested in rag worms so set up both rods on lug worms topped up with squid. This seamed to be very productive as i managed to catch varity of fish. First cast produced nice Black Bream after 15 minutes. Shortly after pouting, whitings and horse mackerels at the end of fishing session. I did have 3rd rod set up with for sea bass on mackerel head and had a bite around 11.30 pm, something bent and pulled my rod down so hard it fell out from my tripod. I'm not sure what was it sea bass or big hungry crab.

DSC_1566.JPG DSC_1567.JPG DSC_1569.JPG

Finished fishing at 1 am packed up and head back to Wembley (1 hr 45 min journey), at home at 3.30 am completely wrecked after 20 hours fishing. but lovely day and hoping for more days like this one.
Tight lines.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was at seaford 20:00-01:00 Saturday with a very similar session. Started trying for the Mackerel with a light lure rod. Was a little slow but ended up with half a dozen and a very small bass (and a bigger one that jumped on but missed a surface lure I was trying for the first time) .

As it was getting dark we put a big bait short for a bass and a couple of longer rods with lug tipped with squid. Got a small pout on those and a few rattles that didn't turn into fish. As we were packing up the big bait took a hit that turned out to be a small strap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts