World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a few hours on the boat tomorrow afternoon and evening. I can not leave Tonbridge until about 3pm but if anyone fancies 5-6 hours out let me know:)
Terry

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably just shoot off to an inshore wreck for a while and also get a few mackies for the barbie.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I am planning a few hours on the boat tomorrow afternoon and evening. I can not leave Tonbridge until about 3pm but if anyone fancies 5-6 hours out let me know:)
Terry
sounds great to me but not been on a boat for yrs and have only beach gear

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds great to me but not been on a boat for yrs and have only beach gear
I have plenty of spare rods reels etc so no worries there. Fisherman Figg is coming too. I believe you too are buddies, he has my tel no.
The intention is to just do a short trip, leaving Tonbridge for Newhaven at around 2.30 and coming back in at about 9pm. Only about 5 hrs fishing but should be plenty of Mackerel and hopefully a cod, pollack or two. Let me know asap if you can make it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crew now are Fisherman Figg, Bouncer, my son in law John and myself. Lets hope the weather stays good.:)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There does not seem to be a lot showing anywhere at the moment so I am not exactly full of confidence but at least I will have a go.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got out just before 4pm for a few hours and looked for a couple of wrecks to try without success so headed for the wreck of an old WW1 Sub about 11 miles off Newhaven. Second drift saw me into a Pollack of about 5lb. A couple of drifts later Alan (Fisherman Figg) got a nice Pollack of 7lb 5oz, a new PB. A little while later Ian (Bouncer) got a codling of about 3-4 lb. John did not have a lot of luck, he lost 3 or 4 good fish but had a few Mackerel and a couple of Whiting on feathers. I also lost a couple of good fish as did the other 2.
We came back in at 9pm on perfectly flat calm water to another lovely sunset followed by the gulls after the remains of the fish that Alan was busy gutting.

Alan ,myself and Ian with our fish

Just to give you an idea of how calm it was!

Not a bad result for such a short trip and apart from the sea mist when we went out, perfect weather too.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Nice 1 Terry. I went out on my brother inlaws boat. We didnt catch anything and to say that jet skiers were a nightmare is putting it lightly!!!!!!!!! Ive got some pics but dunno if i can be bothered to put them up!

What a sunset!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts