World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

up at five am,down to the caff at newhaven marina by seven and on the sea leopard with a very nice skipper called jon by 8am.the wind was a keen north east and it was cold too.as it had been rough for a while we asked if we'd need bait but the guy said we'd be trying some closer in than usual wreck's for some early bass on shad's and redgill's,so away we went.

1st drift produced a 3lb or so pollack for one of the blokes.but after about 4 or 5 drifts the skipper said we was wasting our time as we needed to be out to the proper marks where the fish are.we never bothered with that as it was rough enough where we were!so we went back in!!he never charged us anything at all for the little time we had out there as long as we booked another day out,which we did.

on the way back i had a chat with the skipper and he's a really nice bloke.rather than waste our time for a few hour's he told us straight what the crack was and in we went,other's would have messed about for a couple of hour's and maybe offered a reduced rate.

the boat is handsome with lot's of room and his rates are very good too.well worth a day out with him,just pick your day bettter than i did!

so out at 8am and on the way to the next venue by 10.30am!part 2 will be in the south east forum if anyone want's to have a look.......dave.:)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Another trip bites the dust,i think weather is doing everybodys head in.You have to feel sorry for the skippers too,they need to get out to earn a living.I havnt had a trip with John yet but im sure the boat was previously owned by Alan and was called Cobra who we had a few trips with and have to agree its a lovely boat.Hope you have a better trip next time and get out.:)

All the best
SD

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Another trip bites the dust,i think weather is doing everybodys head in.You have to feel sorry for the skippers too,they need to get out to earn a living.I havnt had a trip with John yet but im sure the boat was previously owned by Alan and was called Cobra who we had a few trips with and have to agree its a lovely boat.Hope you have a better trip next time and get out.:)

All the best
SD
I too feel sorry for the Skipper, but all credit to him for doing so.

Give him three cheers.
Going out to-morrow for a try from the same place with another one. Hope for the best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unlucky Dave, I suspected that would be the case but John and Frank are top skippers in Newhaven and are very fair. Sea Leopard was our second boat for the trip I have been organising, unfortunately he is already booked for next weekend so we now have a trip on friday and another on sunday. Hopefully the weather will be ok this time.
Top marks to John for not charging you, a rarity these days:clap3:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply's lads.

cascars,yeah that john is a really genuine bloke.i'd recommend him to anyone even though i've only had a couple of hours with the fella.the lads me and me mate were with on the day are out again with him on wednesday and we'll all meet up in july for another go out there on sea leopard....dave.:boat: :boat:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts