World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Went down to Newhaven Sat afternoon, Mainly to visit family but also to turn it into a weekend fishing trip. In short a complete disaster. Started off bad whilst driving down the motorway in heavy rain. This was not looking promosing. :schmoll: Arrived at house half an hour of small talk then took a walk to the beach. 7.30pm got set up. Fished from the car park in between the two arms. It was empty apart from one other guy. Ledgered out some black lug, 20mins into this and one decent bite but it came off on the retrieve. It was chucking it down but not that windy. Darkness was setting so went to get the new lantern out only to discover ive left the batteries back home. End of that session. Back to house for bottle of wine.
Decided i would get up at 7.00 and fish the early HT.

Well when i got there it was like a monsoon. And the wind was so strong. There was no shelter from this. I have to say it was not much fun. So not surprising I decided to pack up after two hrs and no bites. :schmoll:

Just tough luck that the first weekend I get to go for a propper fish in ages and the conditions were like that.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
shame about the rain it can be a bit grim out on the arm but the day before was really nice:schmoll:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Tough luck with the weather.

The car park is generally considered crap. I've fished there a few times but only when other places have been unfishable but I still had the urge and the need to get out. At least you can sit in your car and listen to the radio etc whilst rod watching.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one bouncer. Yea the wheter did improve slightly by the afternoon but by then I was to wet and fed up to carry on. Took the family down to Brighton mariner for some lunch instead.

Vic Fisher, yep the car park is handy for sitting in the car for a bit but that paticular day i walked there which i soon regreted. Hopefully i'll get out this weekend. Should be better conditions. :)

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
hey bouncer i hear you snuck out an went fishin without vince an caught a couple of nice bass:clap3:

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
its good cos it means there are fish for them to feed on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.