World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all went to newhaven yesterday around two o clock went to the east pier and found that there was to polish guys fishing whit 11 rods out mad or what did not know what to do but managed to jump in anyway loads of mackerel around even where yards from the beech eventually got a rod out had some cracking bites think my hooks where a bit big can anyone help on the size hooks to use for flatties my mate ian managed to get a couple of nice flounders i managed one small flounder the polish guys went of we had the place to our slef but noting else only light bites then the heavens opened and it ****ed down stayed there till about nine saw one small bass beeing caught about a 1lb.. do anyone know if the other pier is open as there where about 20 fishermen fishing from it but soon went away when is started raining was going to go round but have heard that it is closed many thanks and tight lines vince

G

·
You probably saw me heading out of the harbour on my boat and then back in again a couple of minutes later. I was giving it a test run after sorting a problem I had with it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hi Vince Hooks for Flounder and alike just keep to a size 4, which is an all rounder for Summer, I always use Kamasan. Pending on the fish your after up it to a 2 for eels and bass, which is ample. If targeting bigger bass with half a macki flapper or squid then use 3 - 4/0.

Hope this helps

W/ Woll

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi yes saw a boat going in and out a couple of times hope you got it sorted another boat got caught up in some lines as the polish guys had so many rods out if you ever have any room would like to get out for a day

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks wally woll every thing helps just geting to know about rigs and hooks to use line bait shock leader ect so any advice greatly received

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
thanks wally woll every thing helps just geting to know about rigs and hooks to use line bait shock leader ect so any advice greatly received
Hi [email protected] there is an advice post at the topof this forum page for any sort of advice you want, there are some very experianced members on here willing to give you advice, they have learnt over the years.

Woll

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks woll will go have a look and see.i was more of a coarse fisherman but not the same now gets a bit boring fish after fish and make it worse the same type of fish so need a change... once again thanks woll

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
thanks woll will go have a look and see.i was more of a coarse fisherman but not the same now gets a bit boring fish after fish and make it worse the same type of fish so need a change... once again thanks woll
Vince with the fresh water gear youneed to have a go at the gars and bass float fishing, I use a 13ft Porky pig feeder 6lb line with a 3 - 4 ft hook length and size 6 hook with a slither of macki or gar. You should get some decent fish around your location.
Woll

G

·
hi yes saw a boat going in and out a couple of times hope you got it sorted another boat got caught up in some lines as the polish guys had so many rods out if you ever have any room would like to get out for a day
Go on Terry,In you go :)
I occasionally have a space on a weekday but weekends I usually have a full crew. Drop me a PM with your location and tel no and I can let you know when I have a space.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi woll had my 13ft feeder for whit me. but setting up rigs stoped me for useing it as i am not sure how to set light tackle for sea fishing all i have done is a little spinng whit it and noting to show for my eforts so gave up on that idea but soon will learn i am not from newhaven come from the tonbridge area got some advice on fishing dungie tryed but got noting dont know what or where i am going wrong what do one say dry line catch no fish have lernt a lot by reading posts on here but not the same reading them and buting them in to action geting better on bait to use just the rigs for shore fishing is catching me out have used rigs that other people use they catch beside me and i dont so must be me doing something wrong.thanks vince

1 - 16 of 16 Posts