World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone?

I have been on and off fishing for a while. My older brother has been in to it all his life and I have tagged along really, never wanting to take the plunge and buy my own kit until recently.

After leaving the forces I have ended up in a job with a lot more free time that I'm use to. I have taken up fly fishing which I am trying to get to grips and am starting to look into fishing off the coast in the North East.

The main thing on my mind at the minute is we are planning our first annual trip fishing and are heading to Cayo Coco, Cuba.

I have tried reading through the older posts but the recommended gear that stands out to me has all been discontinued. I am looking at the Snowbee deep blue 9' 60-100g for going fishing with Duniesky if we can arrange it.

Would that tick all the boxes? Would also love it if it could replace my crappy spinning rod I've got for the UK.

If anyone has any advice on a rod and reel it would be much appreciated (budget of about £300 total for the both)

Cheers, and looking forward to getting involved.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Hi welcome well going to Cuba should atleast escape the Whiting&Doggies?

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
not caught many trout had odd one that had escaped when was in Ireland wanted a sea trout but wasn't a round when we was there

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not caught many trout had odd one that had escaped when was in Ireland wanted a sea trout but wasn't a round when we was there
Unlucky I've never had a sea trout either. I'm just going to head to one of the reservoirs around here and try for some brown trout.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks lads, went to the reservoir yesterday about 6 hours and one 2lb rainbow. Was worth it for the practice of casting, spoke with a decent bloke who gave me some tips on flies and suggested a change of location where I ended up catching. Decent day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts