World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone know how Magor / St Brides / Goldcliff is fishing? Probs my three favourite spots in Newport but aint been out in ages due to weather / work, looking to go out on Sunday and wanna give myself the best possible chance of catching so if anyones fished any of the above marks recently please let me know what there fishing like at the mo.

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
the sole are about at redwick & magor,but not meney, better of trying farmfields this early for sole, a few silver eels and a few conger ,at sudbrook ,goldcliff, a few bass next month will be better!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Patchy at the mo, flounder at close range on lug, silvers at Sudbrook and Sole should start showing on the peat ledges.
Chris

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replies, usually fish Goldcliff on the marl low too high but tide may be a bit big for that this weekend. So looking like Magor or St Brides (which is usually half tidy for conger this time of year)...Hmmm decisions decisions

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
goldcliff is yr best hope but fishing is really slow at the mo tight llines

G

·
twice this week on different days talked to loads anglers,
very little caught at st brides heard a few whiting and a green eel from the water pump station

hope this helps
bob

·
Registered
141 Posts
hi m8, i fish goldcliff on a regular basis... me & a m8 av ad sum decent bass from there in the last couple of months with a few silvers & sum flounders showing...but in the last 2 weeks it has totally gone dead...av tried allsorts 2 connect with the fish... change of rigs, baits, etc but nothin... even went last nite but nothin... we av also tried the litehouse & black pipe with only 1 pin whiting 2 show 4 our efforts... tight lines...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
hi m8, i fish goldcliff on a regular basis... me & a m8 av ad sum decent bass from there in the last couple of months with a few silvers & sum flounders showing...but in the last 2 weeks it has totally gone dead...av tried allsorts 2 connect with the fish... change of rigs, baits, etc but nothin... even went last nite but nothin... we av also tried the litehouse & black pipe with only 1 pin whiting 2 show 4 our efforts... tight lines...
You are absolutely right mate very tough fishing over last few weeks but Magor and Sudbrook seem to be the only places still throwing up a few fish (even Redwick and Farmfields are patchy to say the least).
I tried even further up the channel (Beachley) today with a mate and only very small schoolies and small eels until very last cast and fluked strap just over 4lb on a scratching rig !!! and landed it !!!!!!!!!! Yatoes

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi mate if i was you i would try Caldicot or Sudbrook, sundays tide should just be ok to fish at sudbrook (11.6m), lived and fished these areas for many years and this time of year with this warm spell we are in should see some bass, eels and the odd small conger, might even give it ago myself sunday.....good luck

·
Registered
578 Posts
Fished St Brides Y/day just off shore, had a few Thornies to about 5lb and a 6.5lb Conger, evil get he was an all :thumbs:

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
St brides abt 4 days ago, not a bite for several hours, oh joy.

Hopefully still after my first ray this year.

Nice report fella, will give it another crack.

Jon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts