World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not fishing as much as i normally do this time of year seem to have so many other things going on i decided to have a go at Newport on Tay.
Fished 15:30 to 20:45, Tide LT=18:00 HT=00:45, bait mackie,bluey,razor. Weather wind from n/w cloudy/sunny, water a bit of rough and dirty brown colour.

Not expecting to catch big numbers of fish and this turned out to be the case, fishing was slow to say the least but i did manage to catch some fish. I don't normally start fishing this early into the tide 2 1/2 hours before low tide but thought i would see what was around this far down the outgoing tide, the answer... not a lot. It was an hour before i seen any kind of movement in the rods, my right hand rod started nodding away left it for a bit then picked it up then the it stopped moving, ain't that always the case. Then i seen the left hand rod bouncing away i thought maybe something decent, turned out to be a pair of nice flounders blank of. It was another 2 hours before there was any more action which turned out to be a smaller flounder. It was like this for the rest of the sesh long times between fish but at least i was getting them so happy with that. I was wishing i had lugworm or rag with me as it might have got if not more flounder then another species. The fish were taking both flounder and bluey the razor done nothing i only took a couple of them with me. The tide today was not a big one and i prefer to fish here on a bigger tide but can't complain. So not a lot of fish but just happy to be out again, still have to get a new flask though, hot coffee for only an hour or so ain't no good to me. I was going to go fishing today starting about 6:00 this morning but i must have enjoyed my sleep i awoke around 9 so didn't bother. I don't feel right if don't start fishing around low tide i don't know why, i suppose it's like others who have to have a certain item with them just like a lucky tool or something.
Total catch Flounder 6.

My first catch a nice duo of flounder.

Another flounder that i managed to catch.

My last catch of the day.

·
Registered
757 Posts
least u got in2 a few bud. great wee read. all the best

·
Registered
648 Posts
Productive session with a few fish, Well done !

Cheers Al

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok nice fish were did you fish at Newport on tay
If you are driving from the Tay bridge, go past spars then on the right there is a road ..granary road go down here it is at the back of a hairdresser. There are times when it's not always easy to park down there.

I'm like you, I like to start just before low tide and fish the whole flood.
Yeh it seems to be thing with me, that way you can find at what height of the tide the fish are best caught.

Still some tough fishing in places but I'd rather be sneaking the odd fish out rather than glued to the google box though!!
I don't have that problem i don't own a tv, still good to get away from comp though.

Productive session with a few fish, Well done !

Cheers Al
Thanks Alan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.