World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads
Newport Open at St Brides Sun 20 May 9-00am /12-00pm
Rumour has it that there is some inter clubs disharmony:secret: and a few clubs are boycotting the open which means that with at least 20 prizes worth over £1000 there will be even more chance of winning a prize See you there lads:)
P.S. Booking in at Garry Evans ,Cwmbran Angling and Dave Richards or on the day at Peterstone Fishery from 7-00am
YATOES

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Hi lads
Newport Open at St Brides Sun 20 May 9-00am /12-00pm
Rumour has it that there is some inter clubs disharmony:secret: and a few clubs are boycotting the open which means that with at least 20 prizes worth over £1000 there will be even more chance of winning a prize See you there lads:)
P.S. Booking in at Garry Evans ,Cwmbran Angling and Dave Richards or on the day at Peterstone Fishery from 7-00am
YATOES
what's the disharmony over then?something petty i bet typical sac clubs all over the uk someone has to start trouble eh?have a good day catch a big un tightlines andy ilsf..:)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what's the disharmony over then?something petty i bet typical sac clubs all over the uk someone has to start trouble eh?have a good day catch a big un tightlines andy ilsf..:)
Who cares what the squabble is over all I know is that with 20 prizes and three junior prizes if only 40 turn up on the day then I got a 50/50 chance of being in the prizes :) :clap3:
and with only a £6-00 entry fee and £300-00 first prize it seems bloody good odds to me. There is also an optional pool which could boost it to even more and if all else fails there is always the raffle:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Who cares what the squabble is over all I know is that with 20 prizes and three junior prizes if only 40 turn up on the day then I got a 50/50 chance of being in the prizes :) :clap3:
and with only a £6-00 entry fee and £300-00 first prize it seems bloody good odds to me. There is also an optional pool which could boost it to even more and if all else fails there is always the raffle:)
Have you replaced your zzippy yet or will you be struggling in close with that flatty rod you used on Saturday? Never mind didnt catch much then with it so the prizes will be safe.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you replaced your zzippy yet or will you be struggling in close with that flatty rod you used on Saturday? Never mind didnt catch much then with it so the prizes will be safe.
With my winnings from the open I will be able to buy some top of the range gear mate:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
i havent fished a st.brides open for ages, might give it a go. can you book in the saturday before??

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i havent fished a st.brides open for ages, might give it a go. can you book in the saturday before??
No problem m8 book in at one of the tackle shops I will be there mate I will look for you on the winners rostrum:) (alongside me):) :)
Any probs pm me or wallmark

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
can you still park down by the actual lighthouse??? the floatation tank thingy???

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can you still park down by the actual lighthouse??? the floatation tank thingy???
Strictly speaking no mate - - It is a private road but in saying that the chap is normally very reasonable to the occasional angler driving down there but he might throw his dolly out of the pram if dozens of anglers drive down there or block his driveway.Sorry I cant be more helpful mate.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it the one where you pay at the pub car park before walking over the sea wall ? if so , can i pay in the car park on the day?

thanks
You have got the right place but because of the well publicised problems with the landlord of the pub the book-in and weigh-in will be at Peterstone fisheries.
There should be no problem with parking at the pub car park though as long as everybody behaves themself and doesnt leave rubbish etc.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where's Peterstone fisheries? , is it next to the car park? im just worried i won't be able to find it lol

thanks for the help
Hi buddy it is right by the blackpipe if you come through the lanes from Cardiff it is about 100yards before the turn off to blackpipe(Outfall lane) :)
See you there and lets hope it is somebody off this forum that walks off with a big smile and a fistfull of cash.(hopefully me):)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will speak to the Chairman and confirm that there will be signs on the road so everybody can find the booking in.- Tightlines YATOES

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yer if you could have a sign out that would be great, i know a few lads who will get lost lol

can't wait, last time i fished it (2 years ago) i won a boat rod for coming 8th or somthing and then in the raffle i won a decorator's kit, and some beer lol :D

happy days, now i know what im doing and got a fravroute spot (which ill show you if i see you mate) im going for the cash £££$$$$ lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yer if you could have a sign out that would be great, i know a few lads who will get lost lol

can't wait, last time i fished it (2 years ago) i won a boat rod for coming 8th or somthing and then in the raffle i won a decorator's kit, and some beer lol :D

happy days, now i know what im doing and got a fravroute spot (which ill show you if i see you mate) im going for the cash £££$$$$ lol
I will put signs up to show where to sign in. The book in point is Peterstone fishery (previously Peterstone trout farm and I think that sign is still up) . There is secure free parking at the fishery and will hold a lot of cars, the fishery manager has said that if too many cars for the carpark turn up he will open up the paddock so no problem and again free secure parking on private property. It is the same road you travel along to get to the lighthouse but instead of turning up beach road carry on about 1/2 mile through the village and just past the turning to the black pipe (outfall lane) is the fishery. You can leave your car at the fishery and the fishery manager opens a gate onto the sea wall, a short walk , less than 2 mins and you are on the shore you can then walk west to the gout for about 20 mins or east to the lighthouse for about 30 mins these are the limits.
There is a map on the match poster see link below.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66606

Also see map from google maps.

I will add this once I work out how to do it, but if you go to google maps and select hybrid it is easy to find

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good luck fellow forum loonies if you need any info before tomorrow evening regarding the open please pm wallmark cos I will be off line most of tomorrow - - YATOES

1 - 19 of 19 Posts