World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

have a week booked in Newquay next week ( w/c 18/06 ) and just wondered what sort of set up and tackle to take. I normally fish from a boat so shore fishing is a bit new to me so will fish from the shore somewhere but not sure whether to tackle up light with just my course ledger/float tackle or go multiplier + beachcaster/ boat.
Any ideas appreciated. If i take the lot my misses will have to forfeit one of her suitcases - not something i really want to tell her. :( :mad: :eek:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi M1ke and welcome. If you have a carp rod this would be ideal for float/light bottom fishing off harbour walls etc for mackerel, garfish, wrasse, pollack and bass. Also it can be used for plugging and spinning from the rocks. If you fancy a bit of bassing in the surf your probably better of using a light beachcaster. For great sport use an Avon/ match rod for stalking mullet. In and around Newquay there are numerous shore marks and also boat hire, you will be spoilt for choice. If you need any further info PM me. Hope this helps.

:) KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts