World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
The beach fishing has been moderate to very good over the past 6 weeks with squid tiped mackey being the best allround bait water temp has risen and a good colour on the water.Had my first two bass this past week 2 hours before high both in the same weight range 3lb plus and both returned safeley whiting still abound in numbers and some still a good size. Also i have been taking good size dabs to over a 1lb on hundred yard casts.Fished llanon for the fist time this year using cockles freshly baught in a jar from costcutters as i forgot my bait lol they worked well had 5 nice huss biggist 7lb and loads of dogs. Best catch this weekend a 8lb thorny from the harbour wall...night tide... 4.5 mtr 3 hrs after.Dolphins and Porpoise are gathering in the bay so the mackey will be here early this year me thinks.
TIGHT LINES...clive.

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
Fished Poppit Sands Saturday Morning Not A Bite, No Surf At All I Used Black Lug But No Joy . Think Il Take My Boat Out Next Saturday Launch In New Quay And Troll Along Cai Bach Towards Aberaeron Been Told By A Local This Works

·
Registered
980 Posts
Just got back from new quay as ive been working down there looks a good place to fish, but whilst looking out a small trawler was about 250 yds off the coast going back and fore not sure if he was trawling but looked like to me is that legal?

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
it was probably after crab or some sort of shellfish thats what the boats go out after up there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts