World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

finally it seems some fish are appearing. well I caught some any way!

A few hours with the tide on the drop from high produced mackeral which finally seem to be coming in, also turbot and a coley.

Fished 2 marks south coast near the manicals (lizard) for 4 hours coming up to high tide and not a bite with less than great winds so headed back to up near little fistral (newquay) and we all caught at least a few mackeral which was nice for a change.

Anyway I will keep you informed on next weeks fish.

Happy Man... all it took was a few fish ...

:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
if your fishing the lizard area again and want some mackeral you could do worse than try porthkerris, between st keverne and porthallow
cheers fawlty :rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Whereabouts did you catch the Coalfish? I've never had one, they seem like they tend to pop up quite randomly from people I've spoken to. Had a couple of nice bass on sandeel from Perranporth yesterday, hopefully they'll start turning up in numbers now. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI,

thanks for the replies, coalfish was caught off newquay headland past the old sewage outlet.

Where about on perrenporth did you fish? I have never fished the beach although from surfing penhale have thought about near the camp would be good. Although the walk wont be so good.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I normally fish between the Haven site and the camp end, best way to find the fish is to look for rips or sandbars from the top of the dunes then go down and fish these. I find that the first couple of hours of the push is best. You can fish the headland near the camp, it's pretty good for turbot and small-eyed ray, bit of a mission to get there though, it's easiest to walk from Holywell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts