World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the above from 8pm - 1.30am with ff06. Chucked out the first cast with p/pennel 4/0 loaded with fresh peeler and lug cocktail and within minutes landed a codling of bout a lb, straight back out with same bait and only just put the rod in the rest and it slacklined! another codling, bit bigger at 1 1/2 lb, missed a cracking bite on the third and lost the cast to a snag...slung a huge bait out then with lug/rag/peeler and after a a very good fight landed a doggy of bout 3lb, slackliner again, and again lost to a snag!! but this time ff06 had lost quite a bit of tackle and decided to pack things away and just spectate. Tide had now come in quite a bit and things went quiet and then a had a cracking bite! slacklined, immediately picked up the rod and reeled up very quickly a load of slack but no weight at the end! then another doggy and last cast of the evening resulted in a double hook up of whiting on a pennel! very enjoyable busy evening but also a lot of tackle loss:schmoll: i have never used weak links on the weight b4 and bit unsure how to do? any advice/tactics on this would be appreciated..can a pendulum still be performed etc??

Cheers all and tight lines..........

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
good fishing, you have got to be prepared to lose leads down there. although i do like that mark for some strange reason as i haven't caught a great deal down there. you can buy weak link clips which the weight is attached to and the weak link is tied to, when the weight hits the water the impact pushes the lead off , but i have found the clips themselves can get snagged and they are quite pricey.(about £2.50 for 5) alternatively you could use Gemini clips upside down, tie the weak link from the clip to the lead and rest the weight on the sticky out bit, i wouldn't recommend pendulum casting with this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts