World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll keep this report quite short because I'm nackard and can't be othered to write a long one lol.

Armed with around 20 peelers and some squid me and my mate headed for Newton Point last night, got there at around 1am and fished the tide around an hour out and then 2 in.

Started off bad as my mate forgot the most essential bit of kit after a rod and reel - His lamp :doh:.. So had to make our way to the point with just the small light on my mates phone. I looked down at one point went to jump on what a thought was a rock, next thing I knew I was soaking wet lying in a rock pool. Even though it was pitch black how copuld I mistake a bush for a rock :headhurt:.. Luckily I had a box of glow sticks (25 for a £ in pound land) so detecting bites weren't to be a problem.

Started fishing around 1:30 and was very slow. Very snaggy place Lost 5 Leads and 3 Rigs between us. Was gutted that no hounds were showing but my mate did get a nice surprise. The only fish of the night, a Cod of around 2 1/2 lb

2 hours after low water we decided to pack up and not to be outdone fish the Short Arm in hope of a smut. We attempted to sleep in car for an hour then went straight to the Short Arm around 5:20. Used the Remaining Crab and squid and thankfully at the time had what I thought was a nice run. Thought my drag was set quite tight but that weren't the case. Struck in to the fish and straight away I knew it was no hound. Reeled in to find the biggest Dogfish I've ever caught.

Beat the blank and achieved what you could call a new P.B :unsure: But was it worth 9 hours of Effort, being soaked, Losing Rigs and feeling like sh*it today? Hmmm :g:

YESS a bad days fishing, (or in this case nights fishing) beats being stuck in work or stuck in the house doing nothing.

Tight Lines all :fishing:

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Good report and nice codling - I bet it was hard work for your mate fishing in the dark with inly a mobile for a light source LOL!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good report and nice codling - I bet it was hard work for your mate fishing in the dark with inly a mobile for a light source LOL!!!
Thanks mate.. The mobile phone light was between the both of us! how we managed I never know haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
nice codling mate shame about the headlight it must hav looked like i rave on the beach with them glow sticks hope u had a radio lol

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
nice codling mate , is it a straggler ? or are they coming early lets hope its gonna be better than last yr

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Nice fish mate but the missus just pointed out what a weird pic, just a head hands and a coddling lol

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
A rare catch indeed!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments. Really put me in the mood for catching a few cod. Hopefully they'll be around in good numbers later on in the year. Tight lines all

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Thanks for all the positive comments. Really put me in the mood for catching a few cod. Hopefully they'll be around in good numbers later on in the year. Tight lines all
nice codling mate:D :bb::bb:, unlucky on the lights tho lol!:bangin:

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
are you sure that`s a codling?????? so thats what they look like well done lads tight lines

1 - 15 of 15 Posts