World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to fish Newton on Tuesday, to rough to go out on my boat !!!!!! Heard about the lunker being caught there, apart from that how's it fishing there. What's the best state of tide to fish there? Can anyone help.
Thanks,
Neil.

·
Registered
170 Posts
hi neil
newton is a low water fishing mark my mates were down there on sunday night brought a nice cod in but broke off 4 foot from being landed roughly about 12lb in weight nice whiting caught over a pound in piece.
merv_shill

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Cod father ,Newton is a low water fishing mark in a couple of area,s
Thru the village to the camp gates the beach is fairly good ground and you can fish the flood with ease.
Thru the camp to the point and down over the rocks can be fished at loww water ,high tackle loss fishing the flood ,I generally fish the porthcawl side beach on the flood and go up to the top of the rocks when theres enough water again tackle loss can be high buts its very productive there on the big tides .
An accessory i always take there on the rocks is a carp net believe me It helps land the buggers.
good luck jury

·
Registered
198 Posts
unlucky merv,
but at least you got to see the fish, i think you've got closer to a nice shore cod than most will this winter.
tight lines
JD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts