World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any of you let me know what its like here please, some say fish on high and others fish on low .... i had a look on low and noticed there is a sand bank between the 2 rocks so was going to try here.

also what bait is best , i been over by the harbour for the last few weeks using squid,sandeel and rag.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
can any of you let me know what its like here please, some say fish on high and others fish on low .... i had a look on low and noticed there is a sand bank between the 2 rocks so was going to try here.

also what bait is best , i been over by the harbour for the last few weeks using squid,sandeel and rag.

thanks
When fishing Newton Point mate fish it at low water of the ledges. Just right of the ledges is a pipeline and its a tackle grave yard. Chance of a big bass there.

·
Registered
601 Posts

thanks
only ever fished it at high mate and only ever caught whiting and pouting, as above says its better fished at low. might be worthtaking some crab if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
74 Posts
only ever fished it at high mate and only ever caught whiting and pouting, as above says its better fished at low. might be worthtaking some crab if you know what i mean.
Im no expert in fishing this area but have fished it a couple of times. Crab would be your best bet and you should be able to pick a few down there if you have time. Back a month ago they were having nice smoothhounds there but think they have gone now. I do know a few people who have had some good bass from there though.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts

thanks
Best fished roughly 2 hours either side of low. It"s a rough ground mark so rotten bottom pulley rigs are needed. Fish on the ledges in front of the 3 big slabs of rock. Just to the left of these rocks you will see the remains of the old sewer pipe. If you fish to the left of this it"s not quite so rough but dosen"t produce as well in my experience. I find the main problem at this venue is that there is so much terminal gear & line there that that is what you get snagged on so rigs need to be tied such that there is nothing that old line can get caught in.
Baitwise peeler & squid would be my choice.

headlight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts