1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aproaching this picturesque bit of burns country i had little hope ,
this soon faded though ,and after a vissit from local police chasing neds
two dog walkers and a gay couple making out
i decided perhaps it was my two flapper rig that was letting me down in this hot spot
a quick change of rig and i was off again this time on a clipped up rig with an extra ounce of lead for added "look at me im desperate " .
fortune shined down on me and rewarded my effort with a coalie of 7inches
trying to settle down after a hefty 20secound battle through the surf with moby dick i spilled my coffe over my reel this added atraction produced another son of moby and yet another courting couple to whom i must have been invissible ,
however all was not well with my reel the sgar content in my beverage had a glue effect on the line and with my next cast i birdied , not since rourkes drift has such a frenzied attack using a blade been seen ,i worked like a madman to re spool
and continued fishing but with no more fish to show for my efforts decided to pack up and go home gazing back at the moonlit concrete walls of the gasworks
i thought to myself £7 worth of line for two xxxxx fish BARGAIN
im currently printing out a sign which reads
no nothing
no the mackerel arent in yet
and stop that i can see you

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
brilliant mate ,newton no more,canny even go for a fish supper as the cafe,s been demolished:) :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Ha ha that report made me laugh lobbit , sorry about the line m8. I do like the idea about the sign though, except i would also put NO I DONT HAVE ANY ******* HOOKS.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
least it was dry and not cold not a bad night really went on the spur of the moment and caught the tide going out ,think it wouldve been better if i were there with it comming in wind was blowing from the nw
was using sandeel and mackie fish caught on mackie
had a few knocks ,think it might have been more undersized fish chewing the bait
or sannitus towelus the notorious tidal drift biter causing me to get all exicited
for nothing
oh forgot to mention the wee fox that ran across the road onto the railway and up the line to prestwick first ive seen down that area

1 - 5 of 5 Posts