World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing Newton at low water with rotten bottoms on one of these big rising spring tides. Not fished this mark seriously before. Any advice on bait/tactics etc? Bass would be the favourite target, but rays very acceptable.

All feedback gratefully received.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Fishing Newton at low water with rotten bottoms on one of these big rising spring tides. Not fished this mark seriously before. Any advice on bait/tactics etc? Bass would be the favourite target, but rays very acceptable.

All feedback gratefully received.
I take it you mean Newton Point & not Beach. IMHO fish to the left of the end of the point looking out to sea & cast towards Ogmore. Pulley pennel rigs,rotten bottom with crab or squid. Be prepared to lose a bit of gear although if you have a good cast it can be not to bad.
Fish about 2 hours down 1 up watch the swells. Doubt if you"ll have rays but there is the odd chance of a Bass, more likely a hound as some of the boys off here had a good session there the other day.
Good luck.

headlight

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take it you mean Newton Point & not Beach. IMHO fish to the left of the end of the point looking out to sea & cast towards Ogmore. Pulley pennel rigs,rotten bottom with crab or squid. Be prepared to lose a bit of gear although if you have a good cast it can be not to bad.
Fish about 2 hours down 1 up watch the swells. Doubt if you"ll have rays but there is the odd chance of a Bass, more likely a hound as some of the boys off here had a good session there the other day.
Good luck.

headlight
Cheers headlight, I'm not sure where my mate is thinking of going he just said Newton. What's the best approach for fishing Newton Beach? Thanks for the feedback on the Point.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Cheers headlight, I'm not sure where my mate is thinking of going he just said Newton. What's the best approach for fishing Newton Beach? Thanks for the feedback on the Point.
The best approach for fishing the beach is.............don"t LOL
I personally would"nt bother. The only time I fish the beach is very occaisionally in the winter if it"s very rough, & I mean very rough. Under those conditions it can throw up the odd codling but IMO there are much better venues.

headlight

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm.... spring tides not up to much there then maybe. Can see us spending the day looking for peelers

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The best approach for fishing the beach is.............don"t LOL
I personally would"nt bother. The only time I fish the beach is very occaisionally in the winter if it"s very rough, & I mean very rough. Under those conditions it can throw up the odd codling but IMO there are much better venues.

headlight
I think he must have been talking about the point then. Cheers mate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts