World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i am heading down Weymouth at the end of the month just woundering how Newtons cove cove fishes as it is ideal to take my Dad and son as Chesil is a no go with the old mans knees. Fishhed it acouple times in summer with small Wrasse, Pollock, and Gars.Is there any chance of Whiting, Doggies ect if fished at night. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
newtons cove snaggy and wrasse is all preston beach would be better at night i've had doggies and whiting and pout and you will catch bass but it very hit and miss so good luck

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi
Newtons Cove is a very underated venue.
Try and get there in day light with the tide out. Its can be very snaggy but you can find
cleaner areas, I find it better to fish along the road rather than on the wall, only need to cast 20 or 30 yards.
Use worm for Pout, Bass, and also a chance of Sole. Fish after dark on a rising tide

As others have said Preston beach is a great venue, fishes best with a Easterly wind so water is rough/dirty.
Again after dark on a rising tide produces Bass/Pout/Whiting/Dogs/Flatfish and even a chance of Cod/Smoothounds (Smoothounds Summer Only)

Hope you have a good session

1 - 5 of 5 Posts