World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Not been out since my last visit to Southshields Pier but it looks as though I will be having a 5/6 hour outing next sunday, probably on the pier again as my last effort was very enjoyable to say the least. If you see a 6'6" guy who can't cast to save his life thats me, so if anyone's about it would be good to put a face to a name. I must admit to being a tad envious of you lads that can get out several times a week !. Anyway, hows the hand doing BIGPAUL ? will defo take you up on your offer of a guided tour of s/s pier as soon as you are up to it, just let me know.
Going by the forecast it looks as though a few of you will target the cod, do you reckon I'll be in with a chance of owt come sunday ?
To be honest I enjoy the mild weather and am looking forward to shirt sleeve fishing, have been using all my shooting gear up til now, deer must think they are being stalked by a damned kipper ! Gonna buy a flotation suit before long so I would be happy to hear about the ones to avoid ,so if anyone has any experiences or advice please let me know.

Thats all for now, gaffer is about.
Tight lines,
Pete

·
Registered
133 Posts
iv never fished Southshields Pier but got told it was snaggy as hell. is it and is the fishing anygood from there? wouldnt mind giving it a bash
:p

nd i have a Shakespear TideWater 2 piece suit and i love it

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
na... its mainly clear on the outside once you cast away from the pier the end can be snaggy some days and not others depending on the tide. inside [river] is a tackle graveyard. on the inside near the gate is clean casting towards the groin.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sod the gaffer, this is more important!
I was fortunate enough to get some good advice and had a good day to boot, yes parts are very snaggy but a 60yd cast and fairly quick retrieve sees you ok in other places. Some great advice to be had from JV and BIGPAUL on this venue.
regards,
Pete

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeh,
that Dabcatcher bloke certainly knows his onions as well ! you could do a lot worse than listen to him.
Pete

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crossbow, what are those suits like when you have a bit of walking to do? are they breathable or do you sweat your ***** off ?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats keen fella ! go steady or you might end up back to square1. If not southshields pier might try the beach at seaton sluice, saw a few blokes there last weekend but dont know if its any cop, any way will see what the weekend brings eh. Was hoping to get a good deal on the floaty during warmer months ready for next year. Never really done any night fishing and fancy a go at it during easter hols and thought one of those would be a pre requisite but will take your advice on that one.
Pete.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Crossbow, what are those suits like when you have a bit of walking to do? are they breathable or do you sweat your ***** off ?
they are spot on mate. i have mine on from leaving the car to getting back to it. some suits make you feel tacky and mingin after wearing them for a bit, but they are great. take em off and you bone dry. realy warm too

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Get yourselves along to the W.S.F. meet on Saturday lads, got to be flatties on the beach at Runswick. Have a look near the top of the page in the sub forum for details, I think this one will be held from 11.30 am to 4.30pm, time will be confirmed on Wednesday.
Some prize money on offer and it's free to enter. It will also be a good opportunity to meet others and maybe get some advice.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm up for just about owt but dont know that area at all, go shooting sometimes at Alnwick but have never fished the coast that far up. Got one of those k2 extreme rods and okuma axeon combi, would that do ? Not a great caster either.
If anybody is about early doors sunday will give anywhere a go, fancy it ?
Pete.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts