World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder that the next SAS friendly meet and clean up on the West Arm is set for this coming Sunday 20th May, HW 1447hrs
Hope to see as many as possible there .
The arm remains remarkably clean, the one bin fills up very quickly, and needs emptying on a regular basis , so lets have a god day fishing and give the arm a spring clean ready for the expected invasion
Gray

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'll be there with a broom, feather duster and marrigolds " I borrowed them from Steve":). Come rain or shine I'll be on the wall as I need to fish.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sabbath has a broken foot, but is willing to attend if he can limp to the arm
True SAS member
I will give him transport
Gray

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Just a reminder that the next SAS friendly meet and clean up on the West Arm is set for this coming Sunday 20th May, HW 1447hrs
Hope to see as many as possible there .
The arm remains remarkably clean, the one bin fills up very quickly, and needs emptying on a regular basis , so lets have a god day fishing and give the arm a spring clean ready for the expected invasion
Gray
sorry gray, working i am affraid to say

had a quickie on worthing pier sat evening 5till9 me and tony had dozen and a half or so doggies and i also had a couple of school bass biggest 40cm

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Had a pm from Topcat the other day and he will be there with his son Myles and I think Myles maybe our youngest member:clap3:.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I fished the arm today, Wednesday 0800 to 1430, had a nice little dab first cast, thought its going to be good, WRONG, There were 20 rods on the arm today, and total fish caught = 4, I did have a makki , more by luck than judgement, I was fishing a sandeel on a long trace over the wall, had a fairly good bite and as I was reeling in rod bent over, Result one Makki of about 1 3/4 lb , and that was my lot for the day , Tried feathers, Makki, Squid, lug, rag crab, sandeel, and burger limpets , Dab came to the rag and limpet cocktail and as stated the makki to sandeel, Other fish caught were 1 x bass of about a pound and 1 x Plaice,
Weather was nice though, Fishing was the usual C**p

Now For Sunday, The arm is a mess, Bin is full and over flowing, loads of weed and stones at the North End, I only had one bin liner with me so filled that up when I left, I estimate at least 6 bin liners full still on the arm,
If anyone can bring a shovel to shift the stones back over the side all the better, But Bring some gardening gloves, theres loads of line mixed in with the weed, and maybe hooks
Only consulation is that I did find a new packet of Kamasan size 1/0s whilst cleaning up
I have left loads for the rest of you
Hope to see as many as possible on Sunday, Crap Fishing, Good clean up.
Also the wall seems to have taken quite a beating in the recent high winds , Damn great cracks appeared on the first bend up from the gate and loads of concrete fallen off.

THERE were loads of whitebait on the surface just inside the harbour, obviously something underneath, tried spinning Dexters, Tobys, small Hoki's and Sandeels all to no avail, Didnt have a float with me, so will be sure to take one on Sunday

Gray

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Can't be there I'm afraid, as can't be in two places at once and am committed to fishing Poole that day.

Sorry.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Gray, I will bring my cordless shovel on Sunday for the clean up, I am sure my son Chris would love to return the pebbles / shingle back over the wall:).

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depending on who is coming, suggest a fairly early start, Get the clean up done and rubbish taken away then get on with the fishing,
I'll be there from 0930ish
Gray

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hopefully i will pop down and lend a hand but not sure if i'll be fishing...........probabley come with family and pets ....so no obsenities plse gents lol.......as if ......we're all gentlemen ..at work and at play

·
Registered
183 Posts
Overtime unfortunately, cant turn the extra cash down, kitchens dont pay for themselves GRRR

will try and make the next one

Sorry chaps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts