World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well despite all the banter the Visitors did not score any crucial aways goals at Chesil this weekend and so its going to have to be a home victory for someone at the next meet - no pressure then!!

Which team is hosting the next Intercounty Forum meet then. Hants? West Sussex? East Sussex? It would be good to get a date in the diary - these things can take a bit of planning for people to get the FPO approval etc.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
for these comps is only South Coast only or can some of fish for counties like Slayer did for Kent (dont worry he had a bath afterwards)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few 'clubs' involved - SAS, Team Extreme, Hampshire Hookers and DAB - no reason you can't fish for one of the clubs - I don't think any charge to join. Basically its intercounty within the South Coast Forum - I think theres another thread about a SE Vs South match.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
for these comps is only South Coast only or can some of fish for counties like Slayer did for Kent (dont worry he had a bath afterwards)

As the official Club Tart, I am a member of DAB, HHAC and SAS, I am sure we can accomodate other "Ladies of the Night".

I fish for the home team wherever I am fish. So come and join me, you know it makes sense!!!

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
As the official Club Tart, I am a member of DAB, HHAC and SAS, I am sure we can accomodate other "Ladies of the Night".

I fish for the home team wherever I am fish. So come and join me, you know it makes sense!!!

crikey you get around a bit.with offers like that you should be carefull that somebody does'nt take advantage of you:blink:

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
He only fishes for the home team though, that gives him a better chance of being on the winning team!! :)

Nice Bream by the way, well done.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
it should be the Hants meet next. come on lads!! lol

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Jassyfa,
Team extreme are probably the smallest club, thats cos it's the hardest to get into, certain criteria are to be met before an angler can be let in (free), but, with this goes exclusivity and the knowledge that all the other clubs are secretly very envious of it !

btw, we were the first team extreme, there now seems to be a south west team extreme and others around the country, we're flattered !

in the interests of inter-county and inter-forum good will, we are allowing allow a temporary membership of team extreme, to those who want to fish for us !

dorset are DAB, dorset angling brigade,
hampshire are the hampshire hookers,
west sussex is covered by SAS, shoreham angling squad,
east sussex is represented by, Team Extreme, the roughest toughest bad boy (and a girl) angliers out there !

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
I think the Hampshire friendly match is supposed to be next......Given the vast quantities of fish caught at the Hayling 'meet' lol!! I am loathe to suggest a venue straight away. I am much more inclined to agree a date and then sort a venue out a week or so before, to ensure the best possible chance of good catches.....I know Ian and Andy were gutted at the amount of fish caught the other day :schmoll: and can relate to how they feel; you do your best to organise something and the fish (deliberately :yucky: ) avoid the party. As a starter for ten though......bearing in mind it will have to be a weekend (realistically) and will probably be late June or early July, holidaymaker venues will be at a premium and more remote areas will be packed with anglers trying to avoid the aforementioned holidaymakers!!....nightmare :blink: . To start the suggestions off......I would go with Milford Shingle Bank. You have to drive through the New Forest to get there, but as long as the tide and weather allows, it is probably the best Hampshire venue for space and a great chance of catching almost anything. There you have it .........discuss!!

All thoughts and suggestions greatly received......As Lord Wellington once famously said (well he did in an episode of 'Sharpe' anyway!!)...if you share the blame, you lessen the pain!!

Andy. :kissing:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the Hampshire friendly match is supposed to be next......Given the vast quantities of fish caught at the Hayling 'meet' lol!! I am loathe to suggest a venue straight away. I am much more inclined to agree a date and then sort a venue out a week or so before, to ensure the best possible chance of good catches.....I know Ian and Andy were gutted at the amount of fish caught the other day :schmoll: and can relate to how they feel; you do your best to organise something and the fish (deliberately :yucky: ) avoid the party. As a starter for ten though......bearing in mind it will have to be a weekend (realistically) and will probably be late June or early July, holidaymaker venues will be at a premium and more remote areas will be packed with anglers trying to avoid the aforementioned holidaymakers!!....nightmare :blink: . To start the suggestions off......I would go with Milford Shingle Bank. You have to drive through the New Forest to get there, but as long as the tide and weather allows, it is probably the best Hampshire venue for space and a great chance of catching almost anything. There you have it .........discuss!!

All thoughts and suggestions greatly received......As Lord Wellington once famously said (well he did in an episode of 'Sharpe' anyway!!)...if you share the blame, you lessen the pain!!

Andy. :kissing:
Sounds like a plan!
I'm not familiar with Milford Bank - can you chuck up a map link for us lazy gits! Hows the parking down that way - I'm aware that WSF members seem to get rather a lot of parking tickets! Will there be many of the general public about? Ian may need to break out some new 'skiddies' if its going to be busy!
I'd personally prefer end June as first two weeks of July I'm fishing oops I mean on a family holiday in South Cornwall!

·
12,847 Posts
i guess we might as well just work our way along the coast, hampshire, w. sussex and finally e. sussex, i think brighton marina is the west sussex venue, isn't it ?

i don't know whether east sussex will be pevensey bay or not yet, but i reckon if it is, then july / aug would be best, while the smoothounds are in ! good chance of decent bass too,

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
i guess we might as well just work our way along the coast, hampshire, w. sussex and finally e. sussex, i think brighton marina is the west sussex venue, isn't it ?

i don't know whether east sussex will be pevensey bay or not yet, but i reckon if it is, then july / aug would be best, while the smoothounds are in ! good chance of decent bass too,
You could get hurt saying things like Brighton is in West Sussex Hugh......... Them westerners dont like to be associated with the bright lights of the city........ We are in the far east :)

Also, there is a South East Coast forum v South Coast forum meet being hatched, likely to be on the marina. Keep an eye on the meets n matches on the SE forum.

·
12,847 Posts
You could get hurt saying things like Brighton is in West Sussex Hugh......... Them westerners dont like to be associated with the bright lights of the city........ We are in the far east :)

Also, there is a South East Coast forum v South Coast forum meet being hatched, likely to be on the marina. Keep an eye on the meets n matches on the SE forum.

ah, maybe its the s vs se i was thinking of,

i've always considered brighton to be in east sussex, and it according to the map, but i do recollect seeing the west sussex signs on the lewes side of brighton on the A27, maybe they've been moved now, but i always used to ponder why they were there !

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Sounds like a plan!
I'm not familiar with Milford Bank - can you chuck up a map link for us lazy gits! Hows the parking down that way - I'm aware that WSF members seem to get rather a lot of parking tickets! Will there be many of the general public about? Ian may need to break out some new 'skiddies' if its going to be busy!
I'd personally prefer end June as first two weeks of July I'm fishing oops I mean on a family holiday in South Cornwall!
Hi Andy....

It has a lot in common with West Bexi mate, in so much as bathers should not go there; however some do (and every year at least a few head off down the solent at about 40mph....although fortunately fatalities are rare, amazingly). The venue looks a lot like West Bexi; although not quite as picturesque in it's surroundings. I have exposed myself as a technophobe previously....so links etc, I no can do!! That said, I am sure someone on the site will be able to.

It is a very productive venue....probably one of the best I know; and has more than enough space. The parking is free and reasonably plentiful....but the whole event would be dictated by tides (which obviously we can choose) and weather (which we can't). I am happy to go with this as a venue (fot the moment)....but we will defo need a fall back venue if the weather dictates. Maybe Lymington harbour entrance which is very sheltered and nearby?!

Lets have some input here people; I don't mind organising events.....but I would really enjoy it if everyone caught a fish or two. Milford Shingle bank is an awesome venue and offers a reasonable chance of fish during the day. That said; what would you all feel about an evening match, which would increase everyone's chances of catching a wider variety of fish?! Oh....and a lot more.

Again......discuss :blink:

Andy. :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hurst shingle/Milford shingle (all the same) is a very good spot.

The shingle bank was "built" over many years very much like Chesil and is steep shelving and fierce currents. It has relativley deep water quite close in.

This is a view from above ! (Zoom out to see the location - New Forest)

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=50.714097~-1.566882&style=a&lvl=14&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&encType=1

The spot has a road right below with some parking but will fill up with 20 or so cars - all free - but there is also a pay & display car park to the western end but a bit of a walk - right next door to a cafe !

On the shingle - you can walk right up to the fort if you are that keen ! Loads of room and few bathers etc - the people generaly walk along the top footpath to the fort so leave you in peace on the shingle ...

Daytime in a month or so will produce decent size bream and at night - all sorts can be had. Fishing would be good from midday til midnight - best of both worlds IMHO.

Can only really be fished on a mid spring tide - on a spring tide - the current races through like a steam train and with masses of weed flowing - can make fishing very difficult but on a smaller tide - generally a lot easier ...

A good choice Andy - has my vote ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I must admit from the sat pic the location looks awesome. I'm happy to do a midday to midnight comp if everyone else is but in June/July you'll still only get a couple of hours of darkness. How about 6pm to 6am! And we could throw in a proper BBQ and a few beers to make the wee small hours more comfortable.

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
sounds a good bet. hopefully im free, when the date is decided.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Can I just say that Andy's point on organising the final destination at the last possible moment is a very sensible idea. The two meets I have been to this year have all been exellent in the organising, directions, social etc, but I thnk both these meets were aranged at the time they were fishing well, but four weeks later, when the meet happens, the beaches have been devoid of fish. Keeping the dates (which perhaps should co-incide with bigger tides) constant will mean everyone can be organised, but decide the final venue according to catch reports and weather forecast. I think that will make the quality of the fishing better, and with man members travelling a hell of a long way, could make a good day into a perfect day! It will also make the whole gig somehow more exciting!

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Can I just say that Andy's point on organising the final destination at the last possible moment is a very sensible idea. The two meets I have been to this year have all been exellent in the organising, directions, social etc, but I thnk both these meets were aranged at the time they were fishing well, but four weeks later, when the meet happens, the beaches have been devoid of fish. Keeping the dates (which perhaps should co-incide with bigger tides) constant will mean everyone can be organised, but decide the final venue according to catch reports and weather forecast. I think that will make the quality of the fishing better, and with man members travelling a hell of a long way, could make a good day into a perfect day! It will also make the whole gig somehow more exciting!
Agree 100%. Get the dates fixed early and we can decide venues based on up to the minute local knowledge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Agreed - we could run it like a rave! Turn up at a car park on a date/time and follow the Local team leader to a venue! Convoy! (Only half-joking)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts