World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Weather looks good for Sunday just hope it stays like that for the next few days. Did anyone get out around the nab or east solent last week when there was a few nicer days, just wondering how its fishing as last time me and my dad got out was early November! Hoping for a few more cod before my birthday month February when there's not much about.
Thanks
Conor

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Plenty of whiting and codling still around. The Solent will be calm but after a prolonged period of windy weather the Nab area will still be very lumpy even if there is no wind at the time.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
At the other end of the IOW in Poole bay the boats that did get out reported good catches inc. cod, whiting, spurdog, conger etc. Prob no reason the Nab shouldn't also be good.

I sympathise with you having a Feb birthday - as a kid I generally had a fishiing trip as a birthday treat which usually ended in disappointment as I did not understand the seasonal effects back then! The only consolation was being a Pisces lol:)

Look forward to reading your trip report - tight lines

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thinking of going out Sunday off the needles area on the rib. Should be plenty cold enough. If anyone sees a couple of hypothermic blokes hanging onto an orange rib for dear life give us a wave!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Gcs

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Think you were right :(
That changed really quick I went to bed last night at 11pm and it was still looking good for Sunday, then checked it again this morning and it had completely changed!

Still fishable for me but it can get pants really quick with SE winds on our corner. Dunno what to do now!

Rob

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
It's looking like another day of the wife's company,
Bloody marvellous!
I'm sure she's delighted John.....Told mine yesterday I was going fishing on Sunday. Told her today I'm not. She now wants to know why the freezer is full of squid and mackerel. I think she thinks I'm clueless!

Have booked a trip to Iceland to ensure I catch some fish in 2016.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Gutted. All week that forecast looked fine, then right at the last hurdle it swung round to a nasty ESE and picked up to a strong SE later. All the bait is back in the freezer and another weekend passes by without a day afloat. One trip since early November is all I have managed, so the cod season has passed me by without getting a proper sniff at it for about 10 weeks. The joys of owning a boat eh!

Raider.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My forecast has improved somewhat...? Def going out tomorrow. Ribs even float upside down don't they? (and like that they provide shelter from the rain :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I'm still hopeful. I'm on the boat, and will make the call very early in the morning.
Needs must... last two trips were 01 Nov and 07 Oct before that :(

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I'm still hopeful. I'm on the boat, and will make the call very early in the morning.
Needs must... last two trips were 01 Nov and 07 Oct before that :(
Good luck ken, hope its ok, as im hoping to get out too, doesn't look too good though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts