World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me Degs and the big man decided midweek to give Pensarn beach a bash as the tides suited friday night high water 2am. Arrived near low water with the see pic postcard flat calm.

First half an hour was spent pumping some top bait while the other pair tackled up and kicked off

First in was the big fella first 5 bearded rockling of the night but not the last they were feeding through out. Degs soon to follow with a doggy dab combination again it happened through out.

My turn now and a cute spikey landed and realesed

Bow wows were plentifull all caught on fresh grubs

It went a little quiet towards high water for an hour then farther hooked into his favourite fish he does love silver eels. Fishing picked up with whiting dabs dogs and this little bute no Monster but a fine looking Smooth Hound

We packed up just after high nice relaxing evening and pleasently warm most of the night

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Good report Paul and a nice selection of different species, especially the smoothhound. Only ever had one before off Llandudno pier a few years back so definitely going to try and target them later this year.
Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Paul,
Well done you and your mate.
Lovely smooth hound and nice spikey good mix of fish.
Great 1st picture of the a rod and the scenery colours.
Coastman:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Some good fishing there, the hound is nice to see, I've only ever caught them myself at cable bay, well done.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Nice one Paul :clap3:

What ever it is your doing ....... Can you bottle some and send it my way :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Cheers :)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Great report on your species hunt! What a night, wish i'd been there! Bass to the long cast? Dogs to the rest? Bass-master rules OK!

My wife looked at Degsy's fingers and said, "My, doesn't he smoke a lot?" I told her he smoked live lug!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Paul , impressive amount of lug for half hours work , i have recently bought an alvey pump , three sessions attempting to pump resulted in 2 tails and four load of lug guts ,
any tips mate , cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts