World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked into a nice 4lb pollack this evening after work. I headed down to Findon area and setup with some squid and macky. Thought that I would also have a go with the new spinning rod and hey presto after a short while I was rewarded. Got a nice fight off the fish as he headed into the kelp giving my new rod a good bend. Pulled him out of the weed and cautiously landed him on a flat peice of rock. Lovely looking fish and I should post a picture later when I find my usb cable.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well done mate, going to take ma spinning rod for sure tomorrow now,

BRING ON THE POLLACK :clap3:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Well done mate. Will be trying there sometime this season. Might get a first trip in next week.

What lures did it come too? Any cod showing?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well done mate. Will be trying there sometime this season. Might get a first trip in next week.

What lures did it come too? Any cod showing?
No cod showing but I always use dexter wedges and have caught cod with those. I let it drop to the bottom and lift the rod back and wind really slow then stop winding and lift the rod back again feeling for any snags. If you feel it catching the bottom you wind faster. Seems to work for cod and pollack/saithe.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hi denofleggart,
well done on your catch , i recently caught my first pollack , some fight for the size off them ehh.

found yer usb yet, cant wait too get a big pollack , must be great .

Andy.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I think theres a definate need for a thread on pollack gear, tactics and mehtods Andy! Theres loads of people asking and your the man in the know!:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi denofleggart,
well done on your catch , i recently caught my first pollack , some fight for the size off them ehh.

found yer usb yet, cant wait too get a big pollack , must be great .

Andy.

The fish looked a lot better when it came out of the water with really good colour.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys Bit Of A New Boy On The Block, 1st Time On The Site So Be Kind To Me . As Your Talking About Pollock Thought I Would Let U Know About The Pollock I Caught On Tony Wass Boat On The 15 Apr At Pladda Nice Fight On Spinning Rod Wieght In At 13lb 7oz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts