World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading over some old posts about worm digging is it still possible to dig lugworms just before the buildings?
Somewhere near the old boat near the road?
I’m back up next weekend for the week so just after a bit of fresh stuff. I will be bring some frozen too just the usual squid,mackerel,bluey,crab,razor and mussel.
Also is anywhere good for picking mussels from nigg to Tain?

·
Registered
705 Posts
can still dig worms there yes. not many options for mussels other than Morrisons in Alness!
Let us know how you get on!
Bob, Tain.

Reactions: redneck dek

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
After reading over some old posts about worm digging is it still possible to dig lugworms just before the buildings?
Somewhere near the old boat near the road?
I’m back up next weekend for the week so just after a bit of fresh stuff. I will be bring some frozen too just the usual squid,mackerel,bluey,crab,razor and mussel.
Also is anywhere good for picking mussels from nigg to Tain?
If you want mussels try the short hop over to meikle ferry or a little further little ferry in Golspie. Loads on a low tide.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want mussels try the short hop over to meikle ferry or a little further little ferry in Golspie. Loads on a low tide.
Thanks Piker how is it fishing generally there read some big northerlies coming and a cold snap.
Don’t find a trip to meikle ferry for flattlies if th weather is pants. But would a cod off Tarbet.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Thanks Piker how is it fishing generally there read some big northerlies coming and a cold snap.
Don’t find a trip to meikle ferry for flattlies if th weather is pants. But would a cod off Tarbet.
You'll just have to be wary on the swell at Tarbet. For me, squid did well there.

Reactions: redneck dek
1 - 7 of 7 Posts